(The seal of Orichalcos) thoughts & tips?

shyguysteve

Its a nifty card but everyone seems to agree it isn't worth having because its effects do not resemble what its animated counterpart featured.

The actual card:

-When you activate this card destroy all of your special summoned monsters.

-Once per turn this card can not be destroyed.

-If you have 2 or more monsters in face up attack position your opponenet can not attack your monsters with the lowest attack points.

-You can not summon cards from your extra deck.

-You can only activate this card once per duel.

I used this in a Chaos Dragon build and there was not much of a down side, if you conider the plus of this card its really unfair. Chaos Dragons spam/swarm so even though my special summoned monsters were destroyed like LPD or REDM it was no trouble getting them back. On top of that if I get BLS on the field with the seal, as the stronger monster in the deck by ATK all other monsters I control are safe from attacks. With BLS at 3500 and other big monsters like REDM DaD and Gorz all reaching 3000+ its like guaranteeing a win. But it is Chaos Dragons and stuff gets milled like the seal so again no downside if I never even play it.

• 2 weeks later...

I find this card very useful for certain decks because of its effects. That cant attack my weaker of the 2 especially can be useful when used right with proper monster effects.

It may suck that you cant use fusion cards or extra deck cards but with some good effect monsters used correctly I dont really need them.

If you depend on your extra deck or fusions to win, its not really the best pick for you then.

• 3 weeks later...

Tip: The only monster from the extra deck that I know of that can be used in combo with the seal is wind-up zenmain. It gives you a free destroy option and then you change zenmain to ATK and he'll be a 2000 beater.

Tip: you can also use Malefic Stardust double protect the seal and other monsters, downside your other monsters can't attack.

Tip: Use the seal with king tiger wanghu + Different Dimension gate to lock out a large number of Meta decks.

Tip: Using zenmain: Tour guides and rescue rabbits will get a zenmains faster but you have to do it before playing the seal. Koa'ki meiru doom is a lv3 fiend 1700 ATK, hunter dragon is a normal dragon lv3 1700 ATK these cards make great beaters with the seal plus Doom shuts down any light and dark monsters effects in the main phases so be careful before getting him on the field.