Hidden Human History

Anras Rune

The other day I stumbled across this video on youtube and decided what the heck, sounds interesting. After watching the whole thing I must say I'm pretty impressed with the dedication to detail and all that, so I decided to look for more info. If you guys want to watch it, look out tis an hour long

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAm-kbzT7xw&feature=related

Now, I know most of this is hogwash and bullshit, but I must say twas a very interesting watch. Once I looked throughout the other sources and stuff I must say that this actually seems more plausible than the Bible (no offence christians). Now, the real purpose of this thread, what do you guys think about our human history? Do you guys think that it is accurate? Has it been manipulated? Also, what is your opinion of alternate religious beliefs stemming from "psuedo-historic" events?

PS, 1000th topic in Balamb!!! Woop woop!

Edited by Anras Rune

I have not watched the video, I will later when I get a chance.

I just wanted to say that human history is wildly inaccurate. The victor writes the history books, it is seen time and time again that whole cultures and civilisations have been wrongly charachterised in the history books. We are living in an age where we can relying on archaelogical evidence to set the facts straight. Most recently brought to mind is Richard III, since they are busy digging up his bones as I type. You can find out more about him here http://www.richardiii.net/.

I couldn't really take it seriously, but my belief meter bottomed out when it said that Hebrews came from the future and aren't direct descendants of humans. And then beings from Mars showed up and then it started talking about the Lucifer experiment and I just. It is interesting, though. I'm about fifteen minutes through it.

Anyway, I agree that the victor writes history. I don't think you're ever really going to find a history book completely void of any bias or personal interpretation. It's a concept seen repeatedly in the media--in books, video games, movies. We even do it on a smaller scale in our day to day lives. It's like a massive game of telephone, except sometimes the person(s) who started the chain are long dead, haha.

I don't really care what other people believe in, even if it is that Martians came to Earth or that the Hebrews came from the future as a "redo". I don't think humans are ever really going to reach a point where we can say, "we understand everything", and life can definitely be stranger than fiction at times.

I wish I had started to watch the video before commenting.

To me that video is one of the oddest things I have ever watched! From the very first sentance it was, IMO, bullshit. Apologies if that offends, but that is my opinion. For example the construction of the pyramids. Yes it is impressive, but has been thoroughly explained, it's not that hard in a time where you had thousands of slaves working for you. And saying modern technology could not build pyramidsas precise is just embarassing.

Anyway, I'll leave it there. It didn't interest me, it disturbed me to think that some people could believe this.

• 9 months later...