How come a common cold is such a big thing in Anime?

atreyuavenged

Colds suck! I'm always in bed when I get a cold, it feels so bad, can't move, haha. Damn, if only I had a cute anime girl conveniently slip and show me her panties make me porridge and nurse me.

But seriously, I don't think it's terribly unrealistic. I guess it depends on the person but I honestly find colds super painful, I thought this was normal. I guess anime just plays it up a bit.

• 2 months later...

in reality when I catch a cold I look like as vivid as I am healthy. But in Anime, everyone who has a cold must have the tendency to faint. Sometimes a "a cold" is used for relatinships development, and sometimes it is a sign or clue for the what will happen in later story. Even though, a common cold is still exaggerated  in anime and manga, especially shoujou manga 

When I think of this I remember that episode of Angel Beats where the dude's little sister has like cancer or something and dies. That was so sad. I don't know why I loved that anime but, pretty much every story didn't involve a simple death like hit by a bus, all the character's had terrible horrible lives that led up to some horrific death.

On the bright side though there was that one funny episode of Lucky Star where Kagami get's a cold and Konata use's visiting her as an excuse to come over and copy her homework. I don't know why they make such a big deal, I guess maybe it makes for a good plot device or something.

When I think of this I remember that episode of Angel Beats where the dude's little sister has like cancer or something and dies. That was so sad. I don't know why I loved that anime but, pretty much every story didn't involve a simple death like hit by a bus, all the character's had terrible horrible lives that led up to some horrific death.

On the bright side though there was that one funny episode of Lucky Star where Kagami get's a cold and Konata use's visiting her as an excuse to come over and copy her homework. I don't know why they make such a big deal, I guess maybe it makes for a good plot device or something.

A plot device is all it basically is, a way to further a relationship between two people or to do something

• 2 weeks later...