Zombie Apocalypse and Survival Scenarios!

Dark_Angel13

I saw another topic on this but it seemed kind of vague so I'm posting up my own. Okay, so majority of us know what a zombie apocalypse is or we've seen a movie about it, if not it's basically this: Some sort of infection spreads where dead people come back to life or people turn into ravenous monsters and starting eating one another, who then come back to life as even more ravenous monsters. That's pretty much it, otherwise refer to the movie classes like Dawn of the Dead and Resident Evil etc

Anywayz, I know some people have thought about this and have a basic plan so let's hear it but first, there's guidelines you have to stick with and some rules since it's my topic, I get to say what sort of infection it is hahaha.

Okay, I'm choosing the resident evil T-Virus zombies for this, so the slow moving, munch your face off hungrily type. If you get bit you eventually die and turn into one. If you die from some other means but have been bitten you also come back, unless you've been decapitated or shot in the brain. There's no bioweapons in this either, just the plain old zombies so don't worry about Nemesis or anything lol.

For those who don't know or haven't seen the movies which is what I'm going off here. To kill these zombies you have destroy the brain or sever the spinal column, so basically decapitation, crushing in skulls and bullets to the brain will do it, oh and blowing them up will too, unless they're top half survives somehow, then they'll crawl after you.

To make it realistic you have to go off one of these places and tell us which one in your reply so we aren't guessing, they are:

1. Your home. We don't need like an address or anything but if you plan on barricading it maybe give a very basic home layout. Locations of fences, staircases etc, nothing too fancy though.

2. Your place of work. Sometimes zombies might strike when you're working.

3. Grocery store when you're out shopping. Not just zombies get hungry for flesh hahaha

4. A public restroom in a large mall. Just a random fun one, I'd say this would probably be one of the hardest

Now for all of these you have to go off that you've just found out about the zombie apocalypse from a friend who's called you or a family member. So now think up a plan and post it here in a reply. I'm also going to make up another topic for what would you do in your first zombie encounter so feel free to post there too if you want.

Rules:

1. Try and keep it realistic, no one wants to read you pulling off matrix nunchuk attacks or something which you most likely cannot do, especially to something that's trying to eat you.

2. When it comes down to weaponry, again try and keep it realistic, I know some of you own swords or know a family member or mate who has access to firearms but again, keep it realistic, no one man or woman can carry seventeen rifles and fifteen handguns and a katana and still hope to move around normally or avoid zombie mobs.

3. You DO NOT have to stick to the guidelines I've set down, they're merely a starting point for you. If your plan from home is to leave immedietly then put that in, you don't have to confine yourself to your home or the public restroom, it's a starting point, that's all. You do have to stick to the zombie killing rules though.

4. If you want to really get into this and write up a long reply then do so, I'll gladly read it and comment on it and I'm sure some others will too. Same thing if you want to do a few quick lines, that's fine too, no pressure but please don't just post up a single line saying "I'd grab my sword and barricade my house and then I'm all good" That's just annoying and no one wants to read that.

5. Have fun with this, you can do anything but still keep it realistic, if you want to make weapons then go ahead and do it, just don't be too technical or make something you'd never be able to swing or carry.

6. Try and not belittle others ideas, comments are accepted on other peoples actions but don't be rude about it and just because they do something different to how you would, does NOT make it wrong. Unless it's letting the zombies eat you where you would run away, then it's kind of wrong lol.

Well that's it for rules and stuffz, I'm off to post the first zombie encounter topic now. I hope to see heaps of replies here and people having some fun with this :)

Edited by Dark_Angel13

Hi there all, this goes along with my other topic I posted but you don't have to do both or go off the other one. Basically this is a "what would you do" in this situation sort of thing. I'll put up four scenarios and you can either post to all 4 or just to one, it's up to you. Just put down what you would do in each situation and again, I can't stress this enough, be realistic please.

Scenario 1

While out gathering food and other supplies you enter a small grocery store, it seems quiet and empty until you walk down the sweets aisle and spot a zombie in it, the zombie has it's back to you and hasn't noticed you yet. The aisle is full of fresh chocolates and sweets, things you know can keep you going in a situation like this because of their sugar content, that and they taste better then eating canned goods all the time. Glancing around you spot a bloodied baseball bat from a poor survivor nearby who has had his throat torn out, he also seems to have a few supplies on him but nothing too valuable. What do you do?

Kind of a simple one but let's see how you deal with it :)

Scenario 2

Returning home from scavenging you find that one of your friends has been bitten and will turn soon, your other friends are yelling at you to kill them or throw them outside. You can see the person is slowly turning as the colour fades from their body and they begin to cough up mouthfuls of blood. Nearby are several weapons including a kitchen knife, a pen and a golf club, also nearby is a length of climbing rope that one of your friends brought with them. Your friends eyes suddenly close then and their breathing stops, you have seconds to decide on what to do. How do you handle this situation?

A tougher one, certainly if you picture your friends with you on this and have a certain friend in mind.

Scenario 3

While moving around the streets on foot you spot a group of zombies in the distance surrounding a bus stop, the roof of the bus stop is flat and you notice a woman atop it, yelling for help but she has a pistol in her right hand. Getting closer you manage to yell out to her, the woman claiming to have no bullets in the gun. The two of you yelling is slowly attracting more and more zombies. Soon it will be too late for you to help her and you will also put yourself in harms way which could lead to your death.

What do you do?

I like this one because it makes you suspect the woman and also think about your own wellbeing, should prove for a tough choice for some.

Scenario 4

While hiding in the back of a car from a group of zombies you notice a kid nearby, walking down the street alone, their clothes stained with blood and they're avoiding the undead. The child is unarmed but looks to have been bitten from the amount of blood on them. Getting out of the car will give away your position to the undead and also alert them but the child is also heading almost straight for the mob, having not yet seen it somehow, perhaps too worried about a wound they had attained. What do you do?

Another tough one, It would certainly be a tough choice for me

Okay so I know most of these arent so much about zombies but other survivors but there's the threat of zombies there and infection so it counts. Again these are just guidelines, I've given you weapons and some items to use and in other cases I haven't so you need to make that up yourself. You also don't have to use what I've given you, if in you're surviving story you're armed with an assault rifle then feel free to use it but specify that you have it when you reply to this please.

I hope some of these aren't too hard for some people to decide on, especially since I want you all to treat this as if it were real, so don't just go, Oh I'd kill the chick and wipe out all the zombies then take her gun for myself. You're a human, you should have some compassion and train of thought so use them. I also don't want to see anybody saying they'd kill the kid in the fourth scenario, that's just sick.

Anyway enough of my rules rant, enjoy it if you can and I'm curious to see how people will handle these scenarios or the one they choose. No one line replies too please, try and go in depth a little bit if you can.

Edited by Dark_Angel13

Scenario 1

While out gathering food and other supplies you enter a small grocery store, it seems quiet and empty until you walk down the sweets aisle and spot a zombie in it, the zombie has it's back to you and hasn't noticed you yet. The aisle is full of fresh chocolates and lolies, things you know can keep you going in a situation like this because of their sugar content, that and they taste better then eating canned goods all the time. Glancing around you spot a bloodied baseball bat from a poor survivor nearby who has had his throat torn out, he also seems to have a few supplies on him but nothing too valuable. What do you do?

save the lolies for sure :D

Edited by jobonline20

I'm asking you to just write what you would do so no RPing and if you want to write a short story you can, otherwise just put down what you survival plan is, using one of the scenarios I put down. So for example. If you were to choose home to start off from, just go through what you'd do. I'll give an exampe of what I mean.

My answer for home

Once I received that phone call I'd be a little sceptical so I'd look outside and check the news. Once I knew for sure it was happening I'd start gathering any canned food I owned and long lasting things. I luckily buy long life milk in the cartons you just keep in your cupboard so I'd put a few of those in and some water bottles. Then I'd either see how secure my home was for the situation and barricade it up a little and then make furthur plans.

That's very simple, I could write more or you could do a little story thing but that's basically what you have to do.

Heres what I would do in the following scenarios:

Scenario 1

Tip toe away, then once round the corner run like hell!!! I wouldn't go for the bat, it obviously didn't do the last guy any good.

Scenario 2

Go for the knife, chop the head off or whatever you are supposed to do to kill zombies. I would hope my friend would do the same for me, I wouldn't want to become a zombie.

Scenario 3

I would get in my car and attempt to drive over the group of zombies. Then I could pull up beside the bus stop and yell at the woman to get in the sunroof of my car and speed off.

Scenario 4

The kid is bitten already, it's only a matter of time before he turns into a zombie. Run him over. I know you said not to kill the kid, but it really is the kindest thing, he's already been bitten.

Zx0

"The child is unarmed but looks to have been bitten from the amount of blood on them" I never said he'd been bitten I said they look to have been bitten, hence why it was suppose to make it a hard choice for you to decide wether or not to risk saving the kid. The blood could be from anything, their parents or he fell in something. When I said do not kill the kid, I more so meant do NOT be twisted about it. Sure running them over isn't the kindest thing but it's better than shooting them or worse. All good answers too by the way, although for the decapitation in Scenario 2, that kitchen knife would take a fair bit to hack your friends head off lol, though once you severed the spine you'd be all good.

Ah ok, that does make it tougher. If the kid potentially hasn't been bitten I guess I would have to check him out more. I would have to break cover to get to the kid, see if he is infected or not, then hope to escape either with the kid or not.