Need Help with IRC (Mac)

mkdms14

Hi I need some help. I have never used the IRC Channel before. My first question is IRC different from torrents? I have used torrents in the passed but it doesn't seem that safe to use anymore. I am using a Mac what software do I need to be able to access the IRC stuff on this forum? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tutorial Index

IRC Client Tutorial For Mac

Downloading from XDCC bots

Yes, downloading from the bots is different from using torrents. It's generally considered safer and more secure than torrents.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Do you by chance have a tutorial for downloading for the macs? I tried before with An IP Breakdown and it kept freezing up and kicking me out. Using XChat Azure

No, sorry. I'm unfamiliar with Macs and unable to troubleshoot for you! Someone else might know better, but your guess is as good as mine, haha. I can only suggest trying to find an answer via Google or something for the time being.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will look and see if can find a way... I shall prevail.

• Like 1

Ok I finally got It to work the only thing is it Downloads to a interesting place on my Mac.(meaning I have to search to find it) I am using XChat Azure is there a way to change its download location? By the way can I download multiple files at the same time or do I have to download them 1 file at a time?

Edit: Never mind I created a shot cut for easier access and found out really quickly that I can only download 1 file at a time.

Edited by mkdms14

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I finally got It to work the only thing is it Downloads to a interesting place on my Mac.(meaning I have to search to find it) I am using XChat Azure is there a way to change its download location? By the way can I download multiple files at the same time or do I have to download them 1 file at a time?

Edit: Never mind I created a shot cut for easier access and found out really quickly that I can only download 1 file at a time.

you can take the folder and move it to your side bar and it will give your easier access.

Just found out if you go to preference you can change the location that the downloads end up, also I believe that you can have up to 5 in you queue .