Anime Stadium

July 4th we had another server crashed, after a couple days of waiting for the techs to respond (they still haven't yet), I decided to stop waiting on that crappy service and bought another server. Unfortunately all I had was really old backups. May 15th for Kametsu Forums, April 11th for EDK, and all the way back to like January 26th for all other sites. Most of the other sites had other people running them and I've informed those people time and time again to make and keep active backups because I often fail to do so. However henna of A-X didn't but she thinks ragnawind might have however I've had no word from him, Bardon I haven't asked if he has a backup of A-S yet, Wake hasn't responded as to if he has a backup of AT yet, etc...

A-S was pretty much dead as-is. Since I've started hosting it, it hasn't seen very many new members, and aside from 3-4 topics, no one posted around the community at all. Even the 3-4 topics that did see posts, they were only new posts like a couple times every couple of days at most. I figured bringing it back again with a backup from January 26th would mean the death of it completely, so I've been waiting to talk to Bardon and hope he has a backup. Though honestly, I think A-S has even if restored, seen better days and it's unlikely that it'll see those days again. It's probably best to finally let it go, but that's not exactly my decision to make either. I've got the domain paid up until like 2015 if I remember correctly as well.

I am curious Koby...with this new updated Kametsu site...will it be able to automatically back up in case there is a crash again and doesn't have to go back to months prior.

BTW, You never did give an opinion on the icons that were put on. I know one other person also did some as well.

Would like to know the same thing also... was very very surprised to see AS down.. but if everyone comes here i have no probs with that...

And btw hy DA

So was I!

Heya :D

Koby AS might have seemed dead but it does that and has always come back again in the past. Maybe it's silly to you for us to keep saying it'll come back but i means a lot to us... :/

I am curious Koby...with this new updated Kametsu site...will it be able to automatically back up in case there is a crash again and doesn't have to go back to months prior.
The old software could do that as well - but making backups is very server intensive, so automated ones are not always an option.

So it has come to this once again.... >>;;

Sadly I didn't make a newer backup, heck I didn't do anything when it went poof the last time because I was still out of commission with my life screwing over me. I only got an immediate message that the site got reversed and thats it, I made it clear I was in no position to do anything during those months I've been away.

To be blunt about it, the reason why I feel AS didn't get back active was because I left it inactive. It was barely just a couple of months difference when AS started hosting on koby's server and when I left my city. 7 months later when I finally got back I was determined to get everything started again, lots of stuff that were left tangling on there and all that.

Koby's right bout one thing, with the annoyance of how this is the second time all the posts after january would be gone even I think it wouldn't be that easy getting it all back up again. Though who knows, maybe Wake does have another backup? =P

But yeah back to the main point, like DA I also find the site to be of much value since its kinda like our own personal club. It may have started off just like any other anime forum but even while inactivity grew and fewer members remained, we sort of grew on each other as well the site. Those who finally stood there feel just as equally about it and also the inactivity trends have been common in its past so all it would take to pull it back up is a little "motivation". (lol)

I said it before and I'll say it again, now that I'm back I'm planning to revive the site as a whole. In case you feel bothered about hosting what you may call a dead horse, the least you could do is give me the time to see it for myself.

Still, its up to you and the others if they feel like bringing it back coz I know I am. Old things die hard or so as they say. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys this is Midnight. It's really sad to see Anime Stadium go away. I know it was for the best to do this, but this site was my childhood. I don't mean that cause i came up with Anime Stadium for a name, but just for the fact that i never would of found torrents or anything if it werent for this site. I know I wasn't on there anymore, but i just wanted to say it did mean a lot to me. If you can at least get the data oof topics and uploads and such on this site, then i guess that would be for the best but still.

Hey guys this is Midnight. It's really sad to see Anime Stadium go away. I know it was for the best to do this, but this site was my childhood. I don't mean that cause i came up with Anime Stadium for a name, but just for the fact that i never would of found torrents or anything if it werent for this site. I know I wasn't on there anymore, but i just wanted to say it did mean a lot to me. If you can at least get the data oof topics and uploads and such on this site, then i guess that would be for the best but still.

Nobody made it go away. :P

Site's gonna come back soon enough along with all the other sites koby hosted.

Also everytime AS is down we normally hang out on google+ so you can see us there in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody made it go away. :P

Site's gonna come back soon enough along with all the other sites koby hosted.

Also everytime AS is down we normally hang out on google+ so you can see us there in the meantime.

Oh shit!! So Koby owns more than one site? I was not aware of this. Couldn't you just merge Anime-stadium and kametsu together? I think if you do that correctly you can keep Anime stadium active.

Waht is the google + account?

Uhh no, that'd be less different than simply moving all our members here. Kametsu, AS and all the other forums are run on the same server so technically we already are in the same unit.

I'm pretty sure I added you on google+ (you go by the name gino simplicio right?) , so you must've gotten a notification or two for my updates there.

Just check the list of peeps who added you in their circles and you'll see me.

Once I get A-S back up, we really need to figure out what to do with it as far as whether we should keep the download section and if so, getting it cleaned up, also ideas for breathing life back into the community and such as well as features you'd like to see, changes you might like to see happen, etc.. Something to make A-S fresh, something that gives it the edge to make people want to join and participate as well as get older members to return. If you have any ideas or comments you can post them here and when A-S is restored we'll make a topic there to continue the discussion.