Games that should be made into animes or the reverse

Dark_Angel13

• 4 weeks later...

For games, probly all of Tales games, so far from the ones that already got anime adaptations or ovas/movies (especially Tales of Vesperia the first strike) i think they work really good.

Apart from that in most cases depends on studio that does the job. Examples are Persona 4 that while fun to watch its fan service, if you are total stranger to the game you wont enjoy the anime as much and you will find yourself with a few questions especially in the last episode and that makes me worried for the upcoming Persona 3 movies.

As for Anime to game i would love a really good made Berseker game not like the half-assed ones on DC and PS2, something with DMC controls and many combos/upgrades pluss storyline from start to -past the point he gets the armor  and for another idea is maybe mecha with controls like Hawken (most could work, like Gundam/Guren laggan/or Full metal panic). Unfortunate though in most cases with licence anime games, its make a fast cheap game that will sell based on the name.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not too sure about adaptations either. When I watch anime based on a game, I tend to miss the interactive element. The last example I saw was the Professor Layton movie, which wasn't too bad, but throughout the whole movie I kept thinking that it would be so much more fun if it were a game.

About anime turned into games... Well, in theory it could be great. In reality though, anime-based games tend to be like movie-based games, in that they're more like merchandise designed to get some more money out of fans rather than good games.