Cleaning a Hot Tub

seirachan

So we got a hot tub now that came with a house we bought. But after one night of partying it was super dirty. When we turned the bubble setting on you could see the dirt on top of the bubbles it was gross and after getting out I was covered in dirt. We have a filter in but are there other ways of cleaning it without having the change the water? Cause Chemicals for the water are SOOOO expensive. I think it was $200-$300 for 3 months. I doubt they think your gonna be changing the water everyday too. I also don't wanna think about dead bugs. But other then that The hot tub has some problems like it wont heat up very much and the Jet and Bubbles turn off randomly.

http://a2.sphotos.ak...075651348_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak...060848656_n.jpg

I have no idea, but that makes me want to never have a hot tub in my life.

Anyway, I did some looking around at different sites about hot tub care.

[1] [2] [3]

Seems complicated and a thing I don't care to do, haha. Most sites seem to recommend changing the water every three to four months unless it gets silly dirty at any point.

Oh yeah lol. My uncle has a hot tub. I remember there were some girls that went in it, and it was really gross. All their makeup was floating around. He says he puts a chemical in it once a month and then dumps the whole thing out. So I guess just make sure you are clean when you go in and it will last longer. :P

• Like 1