Do you think this guy likes me? Does he sound like a good guy or trouble?

Islamist

Do you think he likes me?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think he likes me?

• It sounds like he totally likes you.
    • It sounds like he might like you.
    • It sounds like he doesn't like you.
    • too long, didn't read (I'll kick you in the nuts)

A few days ago I was interviewing for a job and after the interview I met him in the lounge, while they told me to wait for a second interview. He's fairly attractive and a year younger than me (I'm 20, he's 19), well the interviewer came out into the lounge and talked to me briefly. She asked me to give an example of when I had to convince someone of something, and I used an example of when I was arguing with my grandma about politics. After she left a couple minutes past, and the guy was like, "excuse me, but I couldn't help but overhear, did you just give her a political answer?"

And I so I told him "yes" and we talked briefly, not about politics or our views, and I told him that I was going to college for an English degree, he says he's going to start college in Autumn for political science. He seemed like a really nice and intelligent guy, and very ambitious. Well we only talked briefly then and he got called into the interviewers office and I got called away a few minutes later. It turns out that I got the job! They had me take a drug test and undergo a background check, as they do for all employs, then I got a phone call the next day and they told me I got the job!

Well unfortunately some jerk who shouldn't even be on the road crashed into my car and damaged it pretty bad, so my father drove me to my job orientation this morning and dropped me off. I was sort of hoping I would see him again and what do you know, when I walked in the door, there he was! He looked surprised to see me when I walked in, then quickly looked away. He was the only other person to get the job out of the 20 or so people who applied on that day.

After about 5 minutes, he looked at me and asked "Excuse me, Megan right?" And I was excited that he remembered my name, I said "yeah" and he was like "I remember you from a few days ago." Well then after about 5 more minutes, the fifteen of us that were undergoing orientation went to the lounge room and underwent training. I thought I caught him glancing at me a couple of times, but when I turned to look up he immediately looked the other way.

We talked off and on briefly over the next hour and a half, since we sat right next to each other. Then during break, everyone else went outside to smoke cigarettes, but him and I were the only ones who stayed inside (it was pouring down rain outside anyway). We talked during break, and he said to me "I noticed you had your passport out earlier, do you like to travel?" He must have noticed when I handed the woman who was training us my passport, as a form of identification. And I told him about my trip to Germany as part of German class in high school. He told me about how he went to Mexico last year and how he wants to see the world, saying he is saving money for a trip to the Philippines. I also told him about my previous jobs, such as how I worked at a daycare, and he told me about his family business and how this was his first job outside of the family business. After talking for about 10 minutes, we all went back inside the room and orientation continued for another two hours.

Most guys around here are scum, it's a nice area, but most of them just aren't very bright and would only want to get in my pants, and I wouldn't go out with them in a million years. But this guy just seemed different, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy who actually listened to me and he seemed like one of the smartest guys I've ever met, with a huge interest in politics, world affairs and just general knowledge that most people wouldn't know.

Well when orientation was over, we were walking out together and he offered to buy me a something from the vending machines, but I said "no," I would feel horrible taking his money like that. Well he said that he doesn't have a cell phone anymore and asked if he could use mine to call his dad for a ride. We both live fairly close to each other actually and could walk home together, but it was raining and I told him I was afraid I would get hit by a car, since we would have to cross the highway. He jokingly said, "well if it comes to that, I'll jump in front of the car for you" and laughed.

Well we talked for the next 15 minutes or so and I told him about how I'm on Facebook a lot, and he said that he isn't on that much, and he asked if he could add me. I told him he could, OF COURSE! Well it's been a couple hours since then and he still hasn't added me on Facebook, I'm not sure if he just hasn't gotten around to it or can't find me, or maybe he just isn't interested in me? Based on what I've told you, do you think he likes me?

I think that the only one who can adequately judge that is you. A lot of what you mentioned here, in the context that you said it made him sound like a decent guy who probably likes you, but of course, you're already hoping he does, so if there was anything to suggest that he didn't you would most likely have dismissed it as irrelevant to the post. I recommend that you take things at a pace you're comfortable with, based on how you feel about him, and how you thinks he feels about you.

This guy most likely likes you but at this point it's unknown if hes trouble or not. But never just assume he just likes you cause you could get it wrong and end up embarrassed. You should ask yourself if you like him but don't worry too much about it. If it's gonna happen it'll happen and you'll be given a choice or the right opportunity to tell him if you like him.

When I'm stuck in these situations I prepare myself for the answer "no" and figure it'll be okay to be just friends. Sometimes being friends is better cause some people are really bad relationship wise or they even completely change when you start dating. (I've been through a lot of bad relationships D :

yeah sounds like hes totally sticking his neck out for you in like a romantic way. does anybody ask and tell that much personal questions off the bat, I dont think so. as far as facebook goes he might be a boob about adding you bcause "she has all the time and people in the day to talk to" if he thinks something of you

like, when answering the phone "gotta pick up on the second ring" so I dont sound too interested. maybe hes waiting for the right time to run into you again without looking awkward

With regards to the Facebook thing, he might be taking his time about adding you on Facebook for any number of reasons that probably don't even apply to you. If he says he doesn't get on that often, he probably just hasn't thought about it because he already rarely thinks about it. Plus, it had only been a couple hours at the time of your post, and while I personally am all kinds of lazy and almost attached to a computer at all times, he may have had other things to attend to before hopping on the computer. He might have to share the computer with other people and has to wait his turn.

It's a bit early to tell, but it does sound like he is at least flirting with you. I don't know if I would put too much stock into that because that just might be the way he is--I have a tendency to flirt with people, purposely or not, even if I'm not interested in a relationship with them. It's my way of being nice and I generally like to be complimentary to people. What you've described so far sounds like my interactions with about 60% of my male friends, even with the "I'll jump in front of a car for you" and the frequent looks.

I'd say just keep getting to know him and don't let his lack of immediately jumping onto Facebook for you as a slight. If you're going to be working for the same company, you'll have plenty of opportunity to get to know him in what should be a fairly safe environment.

Okay so I received a text message from him, saying he was borrowing his friend's phone, he says that he's sorry he didn't add me like I asked him to, but that he couldn't find me on Facebook. He also said he got my number from his caller ID from earlier. I mean really, he could have just waited to tell me that, I would understand, it's only been a day...