Kony 2012

rebelkid24

Well the thing about it is that it doesnt matter anymore about the facts, since the video got people going. I did watch this, and I most likely wont participate other than giving the video a thumbs up. I am intrigued though that they are trying another "Anonymous controls the government" thing, if this does work then it might help the people to start learning about the power of numbers. After all, if we can beat SOPA and some warlords just by yelling a lot in a group, then think of what we can do!

Well the thing about it is that it doesnt matter anymore about the facts, since the video got people going.

It's good that people are talking about this, but the problem I have is the message that you need to buy the kit or donate to achieve this goal. That money won't do anything to stop Kony, and some stuff I've seen says that a good portion of the money doesn't even go to help people in Africa. To me it just comes off as the single biggest internet scam of all time. It's targeting the youth population which makes it even worse. Their making money off of tricking kids into buying crap in the false belief of helping other kids in Africa escape a life of rape and murder. The first 25mins reminds me of just about every late night get rich quick infomercial, and the rest just makes me sick to my stomach.

The video super-buu posted seems more like anti-obama propaganda than an attempt to expose Invisible Children. Even the nightly news seems to be covering this now, so hopefully someone will get to the real truth of just how much these people are actually helping the cause before to many buy into it.

I really don't see any reason for this video other than to earn money. Troops have already been sent in, so why do this now while the troops are still there. It would be better to wait until support in Washington starts to die down so the youth interest can rekindle their drive to stop this guy.

It's good that people are talking about this, but the problem I have is the message that you need to buy the kit or donate to achieve this goal. That money won't do anything to stop Kony, and some stuff I've seen says that a good portion of the money doesn't even go to help people in Africa. To me it just comes off as the single biggest internet scam of all time. It's targeting the youth population which makes it even worse. Their making money off of tricking kids into buying crap in the false belief of helping other kids in Africa escape a life of rape and murder. The first 25mins reminds me of just about every late night get rich quick infomercial, and the rest just makes me sick to my stomach.

The video super-buu posted seems more like anti-obama propaganda than an attempt to expose Invisible Children. Even the nightly news seems to be covering this now, so hopefully someone will get to the real truth of just how much these people are actually helping the cause before to many buy into it.

I really don't see any reason for this video other than to earn money. Troops have already been sent in, so why do this now while the troops are still there. It would be better to wait until support in Washington starts to die down so the youth interest can rekindle their drive to stop this guy.

You don't have to buy the kit or donate money to support the cause. They are just asking you to spread the word to other people and pressure our government officials to push for the arrest of Joseph Kony. They have free off files of some of the posters you can download. Therefore, without buying anything, you can still participate in the "Cover the Night" on April 20th. The kits and t-shirts are only there for people who want to donate. You don't have to in order to support the cause.

You might want to do some research on this. It seems the guy behind this isn't being completely honest with all his facts. CNN even did a report on this video earlier.

Somebody does need to put a bullet in Kony's head though.

I'm aware of the many types of criticisms about the Invisible Children. However, as you said, Kony does need to be taken down, so I am willing to put that aside to support a cause I believe in. I researched Kony 2012 before I made any decision about whether or not to support the cause. From what I saw, it wasn't enough to sway me from helping out. This is too much of an important ins sue to overlook. If you want to know some of the things being said about Kony 2012 and the Invisible Children organization, and then want to decide on how to react to it, here's a link to a blog (I think it covers the criticisms pretty well).

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/should-i-donate-money-to-kony-2012-or-not

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of doing something they believe in. I'm just trying to point out that there really doesn't seem to be any point to this campaign at this point in time. We already have troops in the field looking for this guy, and these guys are all to happy to point out that only a 3rd of the money you donate goes to actually helping people in Africa. So why mobilize the youth of the world to inform this man that we have decided to take a major interest in him. I highly doubt he is going to see the light and surrender. I think it's more likely he may just decide to kill all the kids he has with him out of spite and disappear into the night like Osama did. When an abductor is on the run, he isn't going to want the hostages slowing him down. Letting them go is just a loss for him, so killing them would make it easier for him to slip through the net while also sending a serious message to those pursuing him. This is what disturbs me the most about this whole thing. This movement is only going to piss him off while putting him even more on edge then he already is. Why do that to such a dangerous man who is surrounded by so many innocent children.

As for the donations, they are clearly asking you to wear that stupid bracelet. That means paying money to these people. Their target audience is also obviously youths who would be more susceptible to buying into this movement out of peer-pressure or a desire to rebel against the system.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of doing something they believe in. I'm just trying to point out that there really doesn't seem to be any point to this campaign at this point in time. We already have troops in the field looking for this guy, and these guys are all to happy to point out that only a 3rd of the money you donate goes to actually helping people in Africa. So why mobilize the youth of the world to inform this man that we have decided to take a major interest in him. I highly doubt he is going to see the light and surrender. I think it's more likely he may just decide to kill all the kids he has with him out of spite and disappear into the night like Osama did. When an abductor is on the run, he isn't going to want the hostages slowing him down. Letting them go is just a loss for him, so killing them would make it easier for him to slip through the net while also sending a serious message to those pursuing him. This is what disturbs me the most about this whole thing. This movement is only going to piss him off while putting him even more on edge then he already is. Why do that to such a dangerous man who is surrounded by so many innocent children.

As for the donations, they are clearly asking you to wear that stupid bracelet. That means paying money to these people. Their target audience is also obviously youths who would be more susceptible to buying into this movement out of peer-pressure or a desire to rebel against the system.

I understand your point of view on this, and I'm not trying to change it. It's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Who am I to change that? And all of it does seem true. However, I have chosen to support this cause for my own reasons, and I all I ask is for people to respect that as well. I understand if people want to criticize the organization. But people are criticizing the supporters of this cause. I'm not saying you are, but it seems like I'm seeing that a lot. Someone who criticizes someone else for supporting a certain cause may not even know the reasons behind that person's decision.

Anyway, just because the organization is asking you to do something doesn't mean you have to in order to support that cause. Most people seem to forget the most important goal. Yes the goal is to stop Joseph Kony. And that is apparently the main cause for the Invisible Children at the moment. However, to people like me, the main goal is awareness. How can we stop all of the terrible things going on in our world when most people are unaware they happen? People know terrible things happen in life, but they don't know the specifics of what is happening and where it's happening. That is why I have chosen to support this cause. This is the most wide scale attempt at awareness I've seen. Today, (just this morning) the video has over 70 million views. No matter what a persons reason is for watching the video, at least they are aware of what is going on.