Syrian Uprising

L4ugh

What do you think should be done about Assad's assault on his people, if anything should be done at all? Should it be a coalition of nations, and if so who should lead it? What about the Russian and Chinese support for Assad, should it be allowed to interfere in any action being taken?

I personally think something does need to be done about Assad, but I don't think it should be on the US to do all the heavy lifting. I think something similar to Libya should take place, but I think it should be led by a middle eastern country like Turkey. With Turkey setting in the lead it would hopefully stop Russia from interfering since they wouldn't want their actions against the Turkish led coalition to upset Turkish populations that reside in the countries that border Russia.

I have to admit something needs to be done, but its defiantly going to be a nasty one sided civil war.

Honestly the only reason Russia is on Assad's side it is due to the fact that Russia's economy would take a nasty hit if the government got reformed. Same goes with China and North Korea, but there are other factors with these two countries. Not including Iran is like the bigger brother to Syria at this time which we know at this moment Iran is taking an economic hit but won't hesitate to back up Assad's forces. But at the same time Al Qaeda's Iraqi branch is siding with the rebels to overthrow Assad, so that is some form of reinsurance of hope until we can figure out a solution while the Arab League pressures Assad even more.

It is going to be tough to actually sit out on this until we all agree to get this ruthless leader out of power.