Last letter of the previous character's name

KaoclazmMJR

Rukia Kuchiki

Bankai! (she wishes :P)

Bankai!!.............. what is it

Oh my..............................u know this is an anime forum right :P

Anyways it is the second release state of a Soul Reaper's Zanpakuto from Bleach which makes said Soul Reaper anwhere up to 10x as powerful as the were prior. It is generally considered the ultimate attack of and Soul Reaper who is capable of using it.

Case and Point: Bankai! Senbonzakura.........Kageyoshi!!!

Nanao Ise [bleach]

A sword is normally just a katana. Shikai makes it look different and allows the wielder one power. Bankai makes both the wielder and the sword to be different and they get another power that is much stronger. So if my original power was throwing fireballs, my bankai power would be throwing 30 fireballs at once or throwing a giant fireball that can burn anything

Tidus [FFX]

This is MY story! :P

@lama not necessarily on the transform the user part, look at Ikkaku, Komamura, Soi Fon, Ichigo (except his clothes), Renji (except his clothes), Kurotsuchi, etc they all remain the same in their Bankai as they do in their normal states and there are plenty more.

@job you are horribly incorrect

Samara [the ring]

does it have an anime version?

sage mode is similar to bankai as per lama's description, use of the same power in a different form

So if my original power was throwing fireballs, my bankai power would be throwing 30 fireballs at once or throwing a giant fireball that can burn anything

naruto does throw(kamikaze style) more than 30 mini-rasengan in his sage form, during his fight against kyubi.

Asuma Sarutobi [Naruto]

It was just an example, I would say that rasen shuriken is fairly good analogy since rasengan would be shikai and rasen-shuriken would be like bankai.

@kao Well their bodies move faster and they hit harder, so I do qualify that as a transformation. There isnt a person that if completely unaffected except for their weapon transformation that I know of

Anko Mitarashi [Naruto]

Snake taught by a snake who was captured by a snake taught by same snake who had implanted said snakes cells in to his body which is now very snake like.......snake :P

@kao Well their bodies move faster and they hit harder, so I do qualify that as a transformation. There isnt a person that if completely unaffected except for their weapon transformation that I know of

Well by that definition I suppose you are correct on all points except for Ikkaku (and Kurotsuchi who's bankai grows but he does not change) who is explicitly stated not not get any faster, stronger, more defense, etc in his bankai. The only thing his bankai does is make his weapons get stronger and stronger, but he always remains at the same level which is why it is called reckless and dangerous.