Looking for a little advice on uploads/downloads

Nienna

Since we're in a rebuilding phase at the moment I thought I'd ask this. I have what I consider to be a small to medium library of anime series. They're all in mp4 format and the file sizes run between 100MB and 700MB (some series are better quality than others but all have good pictures.)

Mostly what I would like to know is: Are some of the files too small/low quality to be bothered with for most of the group? Should i compress some of the larger ones? What's the consensus on optimum file size/video dimension?

I don't have a premium account with any file hosting service and I'm not likely to spend money on one. Is rapidshare my best bet or should I go with someone else?

I also have a full time job and I do volunteer work so my free time is precious and I don't want to waist it on anime no one wants. If anyone's actually interested in looking through the list of what I have it would be kind of nice to hear "Oh I'd love to see that!" even if it's only one person, that's ok. I just don't want it to be there and no one uses it.

Other advice is good too, feel free.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

mp4 format is actually pretty useful. Most people use mp4 format for things like PSPs and Ipods. for instance, anime tokyo, which is one of the side sites, uses subtitled mp4 format series'. Or at least it did. Filesize is a bit of a problem though, as most people don't have huge memory cards for their psps and the likes...

pretty much everything I have ends up as an MP4 because I have apple TV and that's the format it likes. I seldom watch them on my ipad or iphone simply because they're prettier on my big screen tv. But I readily admit that my format preferences aren't the norm.

I should probably mention it's dub only season 1&2 and sub season 3