Spike Spiegel vs GTO and Why would they win?

lemmingllama

So who would win in a hand to hand fight, Spike Speigel from Cowboy Bebop or Eikichi Onizuka from Great Teacher Onizuka. Please recall that this is a hand to hand fight, so no guns or starships are involved in this equation. Both are old animes, but I would love to see who would win.

So Onizuka is an ex gang member who was able to fist fight a whole gang and beat them all. He demonstrates awesome martial arts throughout the anime. However, Spike is also a good martial artist in Jeet Kune Do and was never trumped for fighting skill in his anime.

Personally, I would say that Spike would win, simply because his fighting style is much smoother and more graceful, making it so that he could likely dodge most of Onizuka's attacks.

Spike's attacks mimics what Bruce Lee taught, Jeet Kun Do, so he's able to adapt his fighting style as needed to win fights. Of course Onizuka is tough as nails, as evidenced by being shot multiple times and falling off buildings. It's funny that both characters have the same English VA. They're also usually broke, and have thick skulls. They're alike in many ways. If anything maybe they'd grab a few beers, eat some sushi then fight again when it comes time to pay the bill. In the end I agree with ya and vote that Spike would eventually triumph.