Price of power?

shyguysteve

Power is the ability to do or act. Greater power creates greater control. And normally it takes some sacrifice to attain power, whether it be sacrifice of time, status, money, etc.

I also consider power as a type of control. Most people associate power with money, knowledge and physical strength. But its all a type of control.

I think the price of of power is also sacrifice, but whatever it is. is up to the person seeking power.

My friend and I think about humanity a lot, and often we dream of peace without knowing how to do it. I thought if I had power by shutting out the world to focus on this goal that I could achieve it and destroy it. but this is still a dream.

Power work done over time...

But no really, power may be many things. If you take it to mean governing power, I'm in agreement with John Locke's "consent of the governed" theory. You yourself do not actually have influence. What you have is a set of people who are a subset of all the people in your region of influence who will respond to your wants/desires/orders in an effort to carry them out for whatever reasons they have. People with a lot of influence usually have many connections within the system that they work in such that their desires may be met by the system (if their desires fall within the range of the system's power more on that later). Your power is given to you by the people who respect/fear/whatever you, and to keep your power you must keep your base of people.

However the entire system in this case has a domain of power. Certain things can be affected by the system, and certain things cannot (e.g. gravity is unaffected by the system). So then, how did the system gain power? What gave the system influence? Again, I believe that it is the people who believe in the system.

What then would be the generalized "price of power"? I believe that it is simply the energy taken to ensure belief in the person/system/etc. It can take a lot of energy; it can take little energy; it all depends on the people.

So then, doesn't that mean that each person who is part of "the people" will have some small amount of power? They are able to influence (slightly) who/what gets to influence them. Is this not a tiny bit of power? Then where did it come from? How did this person earn it? Did the system allocate a tiny bit of power to every person (which then gets routed back into the system)?

Finally, what is absolute power? I've shown that the system does not have absolute power since there are some things which lie outside the system's domain of power. Is absolute power attainable? The power to say "I don't like this speed of light thing, lets make it faster," and have it done? What is the price needed to gain absolute power? Going by the government model, what gives you that power? We can debate these sorts of things forever and never find an answer.

so what power is better suited to change the world(not the planet the world of living beings)?

The power of the government?

the nature?

or the individual settings of us?

what would it take to set in motion a peace that can be shared by all or forced upon by all?

one man can change the world by example of his life. another man can lead an army. and so on what one single men can do.

I forget where I was going in my train of thought, so yeah I'll keep up the questions if people have a general interest in this topic.

Power work done over time...

Though this is a definition of power in terms of physics, it is still pretty true. Work just doesn't just mean a job though, it is the actual labor of doing something. Basically, power would be how much and how long you can influence what gets done.

The price of power is innocence. If you are in charge, you are forced into a position where no matter what you do, your choice(s) effects those around you. They may have put you in charge, but what right does someone in power actually have over someone else?