Ash is God!!!! or Army of Darkness is the greatest thing ever created

Krogothwolf

I sat down this weekend, turned on the TV to a channel I cannot recall, and as I saw the guide on the screen I nearly crapped myself in delight.

First it was Evil Dead, then it was Evil Dead II and finally to cap of the awesomeness of it all, was Army of Darkness. You know what is awesome. Evil Dead and Evil Dead II are suppose to be horror movies, they really were. They were so damn bad and filled with cheese (a gleefully laughing Ash as he chainsaw's off his hand? Thank you!") that they were the hilarious things ever at the time. Ash had a few good one liners in those movies, but it was the cheese that stole the show.

Then, the Director, Sam Raimi the genius that he is, goes and turns out Army of Darkness. Filled with so much slapstick of cheese that its to much to take. Explosions of laughter commence while watching it. Somehow after all these years, those one liners, the moronic nature of the "Hero" and all the ridiculousness of the "fights" (Who didn't love Good Ash vs Evil Ash or Ash vs the Mini Ashes?) it is still a laughfest to this day. Some of those one liners have stuck with me forever and ever. I can quote them at any time, even with Ash's voice(well used to) and the manner which Bruce Campbell plays the character, to this day when I see him, I see Ash Williams, the worse and greatest damn hero in the world.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

"Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I*am king. Hail to the king, baby"

The first Evil Dead was a traversty. Then Evil Dead 2 existed, and pure movie gold was created. Then Army of Darkness was made, which didnt really fit into the storyline of Evil Dead 2, but it was still awesome and those who are young and havent seen these are fools.

I actually liked all the movies. Keep in mind the first movie was actually a college video project, hence the lack of funding. At the same time, the movies do kind of coincide with each other in a way. Just have to watch them in order.

All movies were pure gold! Evil Dead 1 was so bad it was good. It's one of those ones that some how turns it badness into greatness. The movies always have a special place in my heart, and in my DVD rack!

Though the extended Army of Darkness wasn't worth it :/

Movies that are so bad they are good are things like The Gamers: Dorkness Rising. Sorry, I just didnt like the first one that much

The evil dead movie is excellent.i cant say that it's a proper horor movie but i take evil dead as a humourous movie,however the movie is on it's own league compare to other horror movies at that time.i do like other horror movies like the mirrors,paranormal activity,insidious,silent hill and the classic the excorcists etc.

• 2 months later...