dragon/mid evil movies

shyguysteve

I love dragons and knights, the myths, the legends, the tales, the culture.

I've only seen a handful of mid evil related movies shows books w/e just wanna know whats worth watching?

cause some sci-fi movies are kinda low quality and lame.

but by what i've seen before i say "Dragon Heart" is over all the best story line and graphics for a dragon.

but now there is "game of thrones" and they have dragon babies which is totally AWESOME!!

anyway my main point is what or where are all the good dragon stuff at?

Spirited Away is kinda a dragon movie. How to train your dragon is good but a bit kiddy. Mulan is also kinda dragon movies. Eragon is a lame movie in comparison to book, but still good.

Two actually decent dragon movies are Dragonslayer and Reign of Fire

thxu. i also like knights know any good knight movies?

A Knight's Tale is a good comedy/action.

Robin Hood is kinda about knights and medival stuff.

First Knight is a king arthur and lancelot deal.

Ladyhawke is a good classic knight one with curses and all that jazz

Excalibur. Enough said

Braveheart is a good scottish medival one

And finally, you cant beat Monty Python and the Holy Grail

oh forgot to mention what i have seen, good list though seen maybe half of the ones you mentioned.

monty python is king of laughter.

• 5 weeks later...

The Dungeons and Dragons movies while not too successful, can be pretty good if you want something with a more lighthearted edge to it. I haven't seen the second one yet, but it looks like there are more Dragons so that's always good. The 'cartoon' adaptation of the first Dragonlance novel sucked pretty badly in my opinion. Better than nothing I suppose, but overall a tad too lame for my taste.

The 13th Warrior is a pretty damn good movie, although not exactly about Knights and such, but followers of the Norse gods. Norsemen are usually very laidback and amusing, which can be a good break from stiff medieval films. Some top battle scenes in this one.

As for TV Shows, some good ones to check out if you haven't already:

~~~ The Tudors: "A dramatic series about the reign and marriages of King Henry VIII." -- Only has about 30 episodes, but short-and-sweet can appeal to some.

~~~ Robin Hood (UK 2006 series): "After 5 years of fighting in the crusades, Robin returns to England and leads a band of outlaws to outwit the Sheriff of Nottingham. " -- Went for three long seasons, so if you like Robin Hood movies, well you'll get a nice long adventure out of this show.

~~~ Camelot: Similar to the above, if you like King Arthur movies, you'll get a lengthy 10 episodes out of this one. Easily overshadowed by the likes of Game of Thrones though, and it didn't do too well ratings-wise.

Then you have Merlin and Legend of the Seeker, although I'm not too familiar with those.