Soul Eater Takedowns

Koby

FUNimation has recently attacked the Soul Eater fansubs sending out C&D and DMCA letters to the major fansub groups, which has caused Tadashi and Rumbel to be forced to quit.

With the best groups out of the picture a lot of fans are going for the other not as good groups. There are still plenty of groups out there and as FUNimation knocks one out, another pops up, so hopefully we can continue to see Soul Eater subs till the series is complete.

I wouldn't mind FUNimation doing this so much if they had licensed Soul Eater for dub/local release, but no, no one has licensed it so they are pretty much just saying f**k the fans you can't watch this series ever!

So what are your thoughts on this, and if you watch Soul Eater, what groups are you going to use now?

Personally I was archiving Rumbel's releases but when they stopped at 28 I went and got 29 through 32 from Tadashi. Now that both are gone I have episode 33 from Aero and if they keep releasing I think I'll stick with them as currently in my opinion they are the best. But since all the takedowns I am downloading which ever one comes out first, then downloading the better ones later if they come out. =P

Soul Eater is one of my top favorite anime I'm currently watching.. so it'd be sad if I wasn't able to finish it. :/

I'd never get the subs if I could help it, for one thing you have to keep looking at the text to understand what are they talking about, plus I have the patience to wait for the dubs to come out so I could watch them :dhh:

I suppose one could download the subs if they are impatient, but I'm pretty sure sooner or later the series will be dubbed to reach the audiences in the Western countries.

Subs currently at 35, with the series suppose to be totalling 51 episodes. So only 16 more to go, and I'm just hoping the subs can be finished. There has been a lot of takedowns by FUNimation lately.. and a lot of fans are worried we wont get to finish the series.

It wouldn't be so bad if someone would ACTUALLY LICENSE the series for dubbing.. but no, there is no word of it ever being dubbed yet.. so it may never get dubbed. :'(

Anyways there is finally a new group doing the Late Night versions which seem to be using Rumbels' karaoke and font style and they are called "AllHailExcaliber". There is also a group who seems to be using Tadashis' font style and quality going by the name "Anonymous". So I'm happy that some people are continuing to sub the series in really good quality.