Internet Piracy

s0teric

I ethically do kinda consider DLing (videos,music,games,ect) for free and pirating to be a form of stealing. Here's why I am proud to be an internet thief: Selling anime series collection for $30-$300 is absurd and is stealing. Selling albums with about 15 songs (and maybe only wanting 1-5) for $20-$30 is like stealing. Charging $50-$70 for ONE new game is just outragous. I DL for free not just because it's there and easy, but because it's MY way of protesting.

More reasonable pricing (imo) -

I think an anime/tv series of about 25 episodes should be no more $10

I think new game releases should be about $20-25

I think new movie dvd/blu-ray movies should be about $5-10

I think new album releases should be about $5

As far as piracy costing them millions. I think that is a bit of a stretch or perhaps even a big lie. They cannot prove that because 1000 people downloaded one movie that it cost them anything. They cannot prove that those 1000 people didn't go buy the movie after finding out it was good.. Or perhaps everyone simply thought the product was terrible and not worth their money. Actors and Actresses seem to be living it up well with millions of dollars invested in their homes, blowing money all the time, and buying everything they want. You can't tell me these people are not doing well.

That's a good point Koby, even musicians are making plenty of money from their singles. SINGLEs, ONE TRACK. And they have the nerve to sue valuable future customers for money that they don't even have. I find pirating morally right in my argument because its like getting your feet wet. If I like it, I buy it - I support its growth and any future development. If I don't, then its a loss on my part because I wasted my own valuable time checking out the quality of the product.

When it comes to anime, I truly respect well designed storyboards and animation. Lyrically, I can't stand music that repeats the same line over and over for four minutes. For music artists, I argue most of the time pirating small groups provides a stellar way of cheap advertisement.