PC help please!

MysticMinerva

I am having some problems with my PC! It sounds like a hand held vacuum every time it's loading something! It gets really bad when I play flash based games!:beat_brick: I would appreciate any help with this! Thank you!

Gateway GT5432

320GB SATA II Hard drive

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5000= 2.60GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT Video card

3gb Ram

It may be a good idea to go into your computer with a vacuum and just suck out all the dust you can.

Seriously? You think all it needs is a good cleaning?:oh: Well I wouldn't take a vacuum to it but I would use condensed air.:dhh:

Well I ended up using a vacuum after all! The inside was filthy!:horror: Used all the condensed air I had!:nothing_to_say: Still ain't done cleaning! Thanks for the suggestions! My pc is a lot quieter now that's for sure!:happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Compressed air is the best way to go.

Stay clear of using a vacuum due to the danger of static discharge. ( As the air/dust is pulled through the plastic/vinyl hose a static charge is built up and can discharge across a motherboard or cpu causing permanent damage )

I also use a 1 to 2 inch fine bristle paint brush to help loosen some of the more stubborn dust accumulated on the fans.

It is good practice to clean out your pc every so often. I blow out the dust everyone few months and clean my intake fan filter every month. If the fan is still loud you can try to reapply the thermal grease between the cpu and heatsink or replace the heatsink all together.