John Cena - 7 times in a row : WTF!?

Nero D. Ace

Right, I'm not a hardcore WWE fan or anything. I quit watching it ever since it started going downhill and they made it viewable for 6-year old kids back in '07 or '08.

I still occasionally turn on the telly and a match is coming on so i watch it.

What I'm kinda shocked at is the fact they've turned John Cena into something short of a God.

This year's Elimination Chamber match, the man won again!

Even though Morrison put up what I felt was an amazing performance, they still let this guy main-event Wrestlemania.

I had quit WWE once before when the Attitude Era came to end and started again in '05 as a Rapper John Cena fan, y'know back when he actually used to be cool, instead of a lame-o who keeps getting knocked down every 10 seconds.

Even though I knew it was fake, I enjoyed his matches leading into Wrestemania 25 and when he got drafted to Raw.

... Ever since then, it's all been downhill. Even though his performance was declining, they still kept shoving him in the main event of Wrestlemanian for SIX CONSECUTIVE YEARS!

All the way from 21 to 27, Cena has never missed a chance to headline Wrestlemania.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that a newcomer should be given a chance. I mean, even Cena was pretty much a nobody (He just had the spinner US Championship) until his Wrestemania debut.

They go where the money is, and as the most popular superstar with most of the WWE universe, Cena is where the money is. With the Rock's return, I'd bet on Cena's push going downhill rather quickly, sine he was pretty much set up to replace the Rock during his absence.

My question.. Why isn't Morrison "The Shaman of Sexy" anymore? It was a much more accurate nickname than the other crap they've come up with.

Rapper John Cena was cool, but WWE John Cena, used to be cool for a while, like, I'd throw a fit everytime his theme song played, but now..honestly, wrestling as a whole, has just lost it's quality, and the drama, My F!@# GOD the drama, while not all bad(any scenario with the undertaker) I feel that one can get a similar experience from watching the Bold and the beautiful, A part of me just really wishes that Cena would just stick to rapping and movies. Btw my opinions are based on when I used to watch wrestling a few years ago, I haven't been bothered to keep with recent shows.

I'm going to start off by saying I'm not a cena fan. i personally think cena isn't that bad though, hes just not good enough to be the franchise if you start comparing him to franchises of the past the rock , stone cold , hbk, Bret hart and hogan you can begin to see what i mean. he has got the charisma and the talent but his character is a little annoying and they try and ram him down your throat all the time or at least they did i don't know lately to be honest i gave up on the wwe a long time ago.

John Cena is filling a role I believe he wasn't ready for, but he stepped up to the challenge fairly well. That being taking over as a "top talker" after the Rock left. He's also kindof taking over Hulk Hogan's old spot. Meaning he gets his ass handed to him most of the match, and then comes back, all the while getting over with the fans in ways no one understands.

Well it is true that the wwe has now become Lame. Its not as fun as it was back then in stone cold era then the rocks era and also eddi gurrero and evolution era. now then If the rock remains in wwe even after Wrestlemania the things may get pretty intresting.

cena is truly the hogan of this generation. i have no problem with the guy himself, he clearly loves the business and goes above and beyond for it. but his character is stale and annoying. when those 5 moves of doom start i start looking for the remote. if he lost clean once in a while it might make me like him again, but can you name the last time he lost without interference of any kind?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with Defluo. Cena is the "Ideal" guy for this current WWE. He goes above and beyond for the company and with WWE being promoted as a family friendly program now, he fits the bill. He is WWE's number 1 merchandise seller and until something changes, he will continue to headline PPV's.

It's too bad cause I believe Cena was awesome as a heel. I actually watched him back when he was wrestling in UPW and OVW as the "Prototype". He would cut these promos where he would say something, rewind, and then say it again. Those were pretty cool. Unfortunately because he is so popular amongst the kids and women (the majority of merchandise purchasers), he'll more than likely stay a face for a long time. I know WWE was thinking of turning him heel a few years back but didn't because of this.