How to create a vHost on IRC

zx0

When you connect to the Xertion network you are set to mode +x by default. +x hides part of your hostname, but you can also hide your entire hostname from other IRC users by applying for a virtual hostname of your choice. In order to get a vhost your nick must be registered, follow the guide here if you haven't already registered your nick.

So once you have decided on your vHost, you need to request it in the Xertion network window:

/msg hostserv request your.host

All hosts must be approved by the Xertion vHost team, and as such it may take 5 - 10 mins to be accepted. When it has been accepted you will receive a memo from memoserv. Type

/msg memoserv read last

to get the message

-MemoServ- [auto memo] Your requested vhost has been approved.

If your vhost is denied you must have broken a rule, try again. To delete your memo use /msg memoserv del all

Once your vhost is approved, turn it on with:

/msg hostserv on

All done, do /whois nick on yourself to check it has worked.

Once your have turned your vHost on it will stay on everytime you connect to the network until you manually turn it off with /msg hostserv off.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
I had questions, can I change my vHost? If yes then how and if no then, can I request a new one? And is there any restriction on how many can I request?

Thanks in advance.

You need to be registered to get a vHost. You can change vHost only once a week iirc. To change your vHost just do /msg HostServ REQUEST vhost.goes.here like you did from the first time you setup a vHost.