Forum Superlatives!

I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of the story thread--or I am. I was under the impression anyone would be able to share their one-shot horror stories and creepy pastas into the one thread, not just one person. We could make it a competition, but any sort of competition or activity that isn't graphics related seem to vanish from the radar after about a week, either from lack of interest from potential participants or from the one running it--the two seem to feed into each other regardless, haha.

And no final decisions are being made at this point. It's all just consideration and brainstorming, and not even that much--there's the costume thread, the story thread, and the murder mystery type thing. It really isn't all that much when one of those only requires a single sentence for the OP ("Share your 2012 Halloween costumes here!") and the other would rely on input from others--I know people have a few creepy pastas floating around in their hard drives because they were sharing them on the Random Talk thread for a bit. The only one that would be any sort of real work would be the murder mystery, which I never really expected to get off the ground, lul.

I'm not certain where you're getting the idea that any of these would affect an entire section when they'd all be contained within their own threads--it's not like all the other threads are going to get locked or hidden to give special attention to these ones. Even pinning threads doesn't really seem to garner any extra attention, honestly.

The only other regular events at this forum besides the graphics competitions would be the superlatives--and that would only run four times a year. For the other eight months, there's not much. I don't think there's any harm in brainstorming for other social events.

Right EO! I wasn't tying to gain anything special from the story thread. As you said, it would be a fine competition as well as provide entertainment for those who want it. I also don't see how it would affect the entire forum. These are all merely ideas to add some extra fun and what not. I won't be bothered if it weren't pinned. It was just and idea because it was a spiecal one time event for Halloween.

• 1 month later...