The Timesplitters series

So the new edition of PCSX2 just dropped and I was getting a bunch of stuff to try it out.  I ran across Timesplitters, Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect to be exact, and I've been replaying the 2nd one which gave me some fuzzy memories and I thought it'd be worth a thread on here.  For those of you who don't know, it was a series of  console FPS games released back in the 2000s.  It's made by former developers from Rare who worked on Goldeneye 007 64 and Perfect Dark.   You can certainly tell when you play them since, as far as the single player campaigns go anyway, it plays very similarly.   What made it stand out was it's cartoony sense of humor and the massive amounts of contents that were contained within them, especially the latter two.  There was a lot of customization for the multiplayer and had a lot of really fun minigames that got really goofy from cat racing, surviving an onslaught of gun toting ducks and one dedicated to breaking windows just to name a few.  These games were always close to my heart, particularly the 2nd one as I spent hours playing the campaign mode.  Future Perfect would've been my favorite except the thing holding it back were the annoying puzzle segments.  Still, it had the best cutscenes in the series.

People don't seem to realize that PCSX2 has been getting daily updates for years on the Nightly build and most of the changes just put to the stable build have been available for like 2-3 years. Like the whole QT GUI with darkmode, texture replacements for HD Upscale / Fan mods, etc.  With pretty much every emulator it's generally best to go with the nightly builds over the stable builds because they're constantly being worked on. The few emulators that still do a master/stable build seem to rarely update it. Like Dolphin too gets daily nightly updates yet they got their first major master build update in years a week ago.

I know we talked about this on Tuesday, but if Parsec will decide to play nice we could play some Timesplitters together. That said, I'd sooner be interested in the Army of Two co-op you suggested via whatever emulator that was. I've never looked into PS3 emulators much since I still frequently use my PS3 (as recently as last weekend!).