Camera live video from computer to phone

I got a camera for my computer I need help finding a free software that will connect that camera from my computer to an app on my phone that I could watch as security 

The camera is for me doing things around the house while I keep an eye on my 10-month-old where I can have communication with her

That might depend on the brand of camera - its manufacturer may have a companion app you can use. That might be a good place to look first. As far as routing that through your PC to an app, same thing see if the camera's manufacturer has software you can use for that purpose, if you haven't already done so.

I'm afraid my knowledge when it concerns cameras is kind of limited, so sorry I couldn't be of more assistance with this. I'll check with some of my contacts and see if they might know more. Can't make any promises though.

Posted (edited)

I got this cam of Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CZS94KBS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I have downloaded quite a few apps to my phone and all they do is transmit my phone camera to my computer and not the other way around that I'm trying to do I could do the Skype calling but I want to make it where it's not calling but video feeding from my computer to my phone

Edited by sasuke chan

If your use-case is PC->Phone and it's just in your house, you can configure something like nginx to host an RTMP server you stream to with anything like OBS from your PC. Then you can watch that stream with most video players like VLC by just typing in the PC local ip as url, or spin up a small site that will play it on your browser when your on the same network.

https://help.manycam.com/knowledge-base/rtmp-streaming/

You can stream from manycam to a server you spin up on the pc, the url of the stream server would just be rtmp://localhost/live/livestream.

You can then watch from VLC app on your phone for example by setting the source url as your pc which would be rtmp://192.168.1.X/live/livestream

Edited by Arisien
simpler server

10 minutes ago, sasuke chan said:

You got anything simpler to do All that you gave me looks very difficulty

Did you see my edit? Pretty sure it will just install a server exe you can run as admin that just works. Skip the build from source part in the info link.

I can take a look tomorrow for something simpler if not.

If you have questions about the stream ip/url config on manycam and vlc I can explain better, simple to find on your windows.

1 hour ago, sasuke chan said:

You got anything simpler to do All that you gave me looks very difficulty

Here are the full instructions. I was able to confirm this works and set it up in a couple minutes.

[Setup Stream Server]

1. Download the installer directly by click this link

https://github.com/ossrs/srs/releases/download/v5.0-r3/SRS-Windows-x86_64-5.0-r3-setup.exe

2. Install through the wizard.

3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SRS in file explorer

4. run srs-live.bat file

(preferably right click run as administrator just in case)

[Start streaming]

On manycam click on stream, add custom server. Fill this in

Name: my server

Server: rtmp://localhost/live

Stream key: livestream

Click add server, and then stream.

Now you are streaming!

[Watch the stream (pc)]

Open VLC on your PC. Click media -> open network stream

This is the network url you fill in: rtmp://localhost/live/livestream

It will start playing the stream

[Watch the stream (phone)]

You need the pc's local ip address for this. If you go to your wifi settings on pc it should say ipv4 and then an ip address that starts with 192.168 . Use that address instead of localhost in previous step and you are done. If you need more help with this I will go more in depth.

Posted (edited)

Before I install that on my computer I'm doing a system backup in case I need it there's one thing since I have a Bluetooth doggle for my headset for my computer how do I configure that I know the audio will be in the video from the camera of her but I need a way so I could use my headphones The Bluetooth device I got is also off Amazon it was the best one to get it goes up to 400 ft I couldn't beat a for Amazon prime day early sales 

Edited by sasuke chan

21 hours ago, sasuke chan said:

Before I install that on my computer I'm doing a system backup in case I need it there's one thing since I have a Bluetooth doggle for my headset for my computer how do I configure that I know the audio will be in the video from the camera of her but I need a way so I could use my headphones The Bluetooth device I got is also off Amazon it was the best one to get it goes up to 400 ft I couldn't beat a for Amazon prime day early sales 

Your headphones are wirelessly connected to the pc? You won't hear stream audio from them unless you have the stream open in a player on the pc. A separate audio source can be chosen in the streaming program if you want it to use a different mic from the webcams or no mic.