[COMPLETE] Critical maintenance upcoming - 3/21/2024 1:00 AM CDT

Nekone

UPDATE 1:18 AM CDT 3/21/2024: As expected, I finished this work much sooner than expected. I will monitor things in the background to ensure they remain stable, but as of right now this maintenance is now complete!

I know we've just been through a maintenance period for the site, but the underlying infrastructure now also requires the same maintenance that was performed on the site itself. Several pieces of software "underneath the hood" per-se - that is, not visible/accessible/usable by the general public - are running end-of-life versions and must be updated to currently maintained and supported versions. This is necessary to maintain a proper security posture for the site.

This maintenance window will take place on 3/21/2024 from approximately 1:00 AM to 3:00 AM CDT (UTC-5).  During this time, the Kametsu website and blog will be completely unreachable, but our IRC channel will remain operational. Our Discord server accessible via discord.kametsu.com will also remain accessible using that URL as that operates from a completely different system. Please note, that although a 2 hour window is allocated, it is entirely possible - and in fact fairly likely - that I may finish the work much sooner than that. If this is the case you'll see a green banner at the top after the site returns to service.

I sincerely apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused and thank you for sticking with us here on Kametsu!

Edited by Nekone
Maintenance complete
  • Like 2

• Nekone changed the title to [COMPLETE] Critical maintenance upcoming - 3/21/2024 1:00 AM CDT