These forums are dead

bobalot

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 7:02 AM, bobalot said:

Yeah.

Checked these forums after being away for a while... kind of dead,

All the old BBS forums dying out kind of upsets me.

@bobalot it honestly upsets me too, I tend to like forum/BBS formats. Blame social media formats for that. We tend to mostly hang on Discord and/or IRC now so at least there's that...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It's super sad. There's hardly anywhere left that isn't infested with attention-span draining "shorts" or other such modern social media....stuff, for lack of a better word. It feels vapid and fleeting, compared to an old-fashioned forum post. The thing is, they are basically dead and communities have consolidated elsewhere onto sites that serve thousands of interests. I love niche forums like this and even though I may be here at the very tail end of its lifespan, I have to thank you guys for keeping it alive as long as you have. As recently as 2021 I met a new group of friends via a forum with a similar active userbase to this one, and I've flown out to visit them 3 times now! It still happens and forums like these still serve a purpose in connecting people.

• Like 1