is there any android box were you can use a voice remote to say like the name of a movie and it plays off the hard drive

matt30

HI i have got a question i need to ask right i am thinking about buying a android box for my tv to watch stuff off my hard drive like movies and stuff through my tv i have a 

H96 Pro Plus Amlogic S912 Octa Core 3 GB RAM 32 GB ROM TV Box which is great but it does not have a voice remote what i was thinking if it is possible right can you use a another android with a voice remote and say like the name of a movie and it plays off the hard drive insted of going through the hard drive to find a movie to watch that is what i do at the moment if i watch to watch a movie i just go through the hard drive to find a movie to watch but there is over 4000 movies i have got on my hard drive when i got a 8tb hard drive it took like 3days to copy the movies over onto a new hard drive a bigger one so my question is there any android box were you can use a voice remote to say like the name of a movie and it plays off the hard drive instead of going though all the movies to find a movie to watch which would take ages but i have not seen any android boxes that do this so is there any android boxes that do this cos i have seen a lot of youtube videos and people say that the voice remote only works for searching the internet/google and nobody has said that you can search the hard drive for movies so is that true that the voice remote only works for searching internet/google or will it work for a hard drive cos there is a video on youtube of a new android that has a voice remote The M8S-L so could i use that to search for movies off my hard drive will it do that or not

also can you play drm video files though a android box has any one tried that cos i came across this app for android boxes and looking at the pictures on that site it looks like it tells you what the protection is in the video file it might even play the file or it might even strip the the video file or if it does tell you the drm protection then it is possible to find a software to remove that protection so can anyone tell me what is this app for android boxes and what does it do

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidfung.drminfo&hl=en

Edited by matt30

Pretty sure you cant use voice search, but Kodi has a lot of options for narrowing down your results. I know it has a regular text search option though. Plus the interface is beautiful so youll be able to take advantage of that with all your movies.

As for that app, it looks like it just tells you what DRM's your device is capable of playing, bur it doesnt let you play the ones not supported by your device. It's just to help developers know more about a device. Either way, if you get your stuff from sites like this then you shouldnt have to worry about DRM.

***EDIT***

I totally forgot you could do voice commands with Yatse. It's an app that acts as a remote for Kodi. You use the app to control Kodi and use voice search on it: https://www.howtogeek.com/253506/how-to-control-kodi-with-your-voice-and-more-using-yatse/

Edited by WIRLYWIRLYPOOL