iTunes and May 25th

NickFan

Starting May 25, 2018 the iTunes store will have security changes and require all users to have a modern OS and a current version of iTunes.

Since iTunes 10.x will no longer be able to make purchases or redownload videos from the store, Requiem will no longer work. Even though 10.x lost 1080p support some time ago, it is currently still possible to download 720p and 480p with untouched AAC audio.

I suspect TunesKit and other like software may need updates in order to work with the new security changes.

So if anyone was waiting to make a purchase from iTunes or redownload past purchases, do it by May 25th before it is too late.

• Like 1

I've been able to get itunes 10.7 to play 720p videos from the newer itunes before,  if that still works I'll be fine with that

They're just making it not work for Windows xp and vista anymore, itunes 12 onward already work on 7 so I suspect nothing will change for us

Still I might buy some stuff off itunes before that date just to be safe

Edited by EccentricOne
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ick. When I did actually use iTunes I really did prefer v10. I tried the v11 on another PC and hated the interface, it felt like such a step backwards. So I stuck with v10 for that reason more than the Requiem reason. Ah well, it's not like we're supposed to be using tools like Requiem until Apple pulls their finger out of their little eco-system.

I'm trying to find the best version of 12 to use with TunesKit, since 10/11 have been disabled from making purchases. I know TunesKit does not work with 12.8. I was thinking 12.6.X might be the most compatible with Tuneskit, but I see conflicting reports on other forums if it can still make purchases.

Can anyone confirm if iTunes 12.6 can still make purchases or do you get the forced update message?

Edited by NickFan