Recommendation For MMORPG game

BluerGost

Hi, 

I am kind of got interested to play MMORPG game. I think the genre itself is cool. But I don't Know which one to start with. Note that I have never played any MMORPG game, not even world of Warcraft. At least not the MMORPG one. Also it seems lots of people seem to recommend Guild War 2. So, Kindly give me recommendation on which game to start with. If your recommendation is Paid to Play then if possible give another recommendation for Free to Play option. :) 

These are mostly free to play, besides Tera/Eve. GW/GW2 require initial purchases.

Guild Wars. Good combat and leveling system. Terrible economy and low playerbase.

Guild Wars 2. Perfect combat system, great economy. Great playerbase.

Onigiri - Excellent graphic design but terrible graphic quality. Wonderful but repetitive combat system. Story missions are absolutely hilarious.

Blade and Soul. Wonderful graphics. Good combat system but has RNG :(  Economy is okay. Leveling is terrible.

Tera. Not free to play. Great combat system. Unknown playerbase/economy.

The one I am least familar with is Eve, which focuses on outer space and ships but that is not as heavy into the RPG elements. I could never get into it.

Both Onigiri and Blade and Soul have Anime adaptations.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, YukinoAi said:

These are mostly free to play, besides Tera/Eve. GW/GW2 require initial purchases.

Guild Wars. Good combat and leveling system. Terrible economy and low playerbase.

Guild Wars 2. Perfect combat system, great economy. Great playerbase.

Onigiri - Excellent graphic design but terrible graphic quality. Wonderful but repetitive combat system. Story missions are absolutely hilarious.

Blade and Soul. Wonderful graphics. Good combat system but has RNG :(  Economy is okay. Leveling is terrible.

Tera. Not free to play. Great combat system. Unknown playerbase/economy.

The one I am least familar with is Eve, which focuses on outer space and ships but that is not as heavy into the RPG elements. I could never get into it.

Both Onigiri and Blade and Soul have Anime adaptations.

I think I will try guild wars 2 then. And then maybe the other 2 u mentioned. Thanks

Unlike what YukinoAi said, Tera is actually free. I have played it in the past and it was free then. I don't see why a free2play game would go pay2play or buy2play. It even seems to still be free on Steam, also. Here is the official free2play website where you can download it:
http://tera.enmasse.com/download

The only thing is, they do not allow access to Asia, Africa, or the Middle East, due to regional restrictions.

13 hours ago, YukinoAi said:

Try to get into a T1 or T2 WvW server just in case you want to try out WvW later.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

Jade Quarry/Blackgate

Magumma//Yak's Bend/Tarnished Coast

JQ and Blackgate have always been T1/T2 servers. TC seems to have dropped in ranking recently. Dragonbrand/SoS seem unusually high.

well i don't know what is world and how it works in this kind of games. Is there any requirement in getting into a particular world?(do you mean to select one of the top world as my home world)

After Installing the client I noticed that even though Guild Wars 2 is a f2p game but is has a account restriction system. I read a bit about it here (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account) though I don't understand what they mean by "restricted access to core game, no Heart of Thorns features". I mean will it hamper my experience with the game. Also is the expansion only purchasable from the real currency or is there a way to buy it with ingame currency. Though that also gives rise to the question that can you earn ingame currency or buying it with credit card is the only option. restricted access to core game, no Heart of Thorns features

Edited by BluerGost

WvW is the unbalanced PvP in the game. To get into a server, it has to not be full. Sometimes there is room in the odd hours of the night even if it is normally full.

The disclaimer is fairly self explanatory. The expansion includes some maps, a class and maybe some skills. I am not sure about the rest but you can check by looking at the in-game store and seeing if there is an option to purchase it using gems.

• 1 month later...