Pearl (1978 Mini-Series) : Gordon Quid's Review

Hello everyone !

Today i'm gonna review a great mini-series from 1978 called Pearl.

This is something about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, starring Angie Dickinson, Dennis Weaver, Robert Wagner and Brian Dennehy.

First, the plot :

I really loved the plot. Certain scenes were romantic to me, other scenes makes me cry (for example, the plane crash and the bombs on the third part). Something that i really liked, it's the opening credits, really nicely done with the plane scenes and the music reminding me a bit of Basil Poledouris and his music work on Conan The Barbarian.

Then, the acting :

This is very well done, not only the cast is all-star but they are acting very well. I kinda like how Weaver and Wagner are acting on certain scenes.

Well, this review was very short but i really loved this mini-series so i'm giving a 8/10. I remember watching this on True Movies (a UK channel) and loving after the first minutes.

This is avaliable to buy as a DVD-R on Warner Archive :

http://www.wbshop.com/product/pearl-+the+miniseries+1000261853.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

I wish i could find DVDRips of this somewhere but unfortunately this is very hard-to-find :(

What's your opinion on this mini-series if you already seen it ?