Recommendations?

I'm somewhat new to the anime world, but I've been able to watch some of the ones that are tv, mainly Adult Swim. I'm really into the whole tech/mecha genre, but I also like ones that go really deep into the story and really have to make you think.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks!

well sticking to the "tech/mecha genre" I would recommend some of my favorite gundam series:

1) Gundam Wing; older show, but still really good animation, awesome plot and character development. 50 episodes plus a movie in total.

2)Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th Team; some of Gundam Wing, great plot and for such a shot series really good character development. 13 episodes long.

3)Gundam 00; is two seasons of 25 episodes each and a movie is coming out later this year. The plot throws you for a loop more than a few times. Animation is top notch.

and...

Eureka Seven: 50 episodes (there is also a movie but it's independent from the series(the show to me is much better) Story is action romance in this one, character development is some of the best I have seen from any show.

ps: for me the dubs and the subs are both really good and can't go wrong with either so what ever you prefer. Hope that helps, and welcome to the anime world:ewhz:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - must-see for mecha-fans like you :)

Berserk - if you somehow feeling like you wanna try something new and like fantasy, knights, spells, demons and gore

Trigun - never found an anime fan that didn't like this one. Not a mecha-flick, but definitely worth it anyway if you're into some decent humor (I find the english dub pretty hilarious, maybe personal taste, IDK)