Hi, I'm the new kid.

WhoIsTheMilkMan

Well, hello everyone. Although I'm not a seasoned anime/manga vet as much as most of you here probably are, I've decided to join this wonderful community and hope to have a good time.

As it is easiest, I will go through the questions as outlined in the Welcome thread.

• I can't remember exactly how I came across Kametsu as it was quite some time ago, but I believe it was through the old Cartoon-World forums that have since closed down. I think I was referred here once the site closed down? Not entirely sure.
  • So far, the place seems great. Looks like a warm, welcoming (hopefully) community and I look forward to dinkin' around here for a while.
  • I plan on being relatively active. The main reason I joined, actually, is because I just recently finished a fan project that I've been working on for the past year or so and this seems like an ideal place to share it. It was a rather large project that I mainly did for myself, but after all of the hard work I put into it, it would be a shame not to share it with others who may appreciate it as well.
  • Again, I'm not as well-versed in the area of anime as I would like to be (there are a lot of series I plan on watching at some point) so I don't really have a top five. As far as television series go, I'm only familiar with Dragon Ball. I've seen quite a few anime films, though, and some of my favorites are The Wind Rises, Metropolis, Akira, Millennium Actress, and most anything else done by Satoshi Kon or Hayao Miyazaki.
  • Video games, I'm a little better with. I'm a long-time Sonic The Hedgehog fan (Sonic 3 & Knuckles being my favorite), and I love both Jet Set Radio games. Nights Into Dreams is good along with Toejam and Earl. On the Nintendo side of things, Pokemon Blue/Red/Green and Gold/Silver/Crystal are classics, along with any Zelda or Mario game. Psychonauts is another favorite of mine, as evidenced by my username.
  • I tend to perform a lot, whether it be singing or stand up comedy or something similar. I love music, that's always been a big hobby of mine.

Well, I think that gives you a pretty solid introduction. God knows it's the most thorough introduction I've ever given to an online community. I look forward to hanging around here and sharing with you all.