THC legal Anywhere?

professa X

Ok so we know the legality of cannabis sativa is questionable by law in different states. Now without doing thorough research on THC possession i find that all questions of law in regarding cannabis  sativa are pointed to the possession of the physical canibis rather than the active agent THC. I think that i cant get busted for having THC on me and that smoking it using e-Cig would be legal. 

If you disagree please site the source as proof. 

Edited by professa

• 1 month later...

I'm a forensic drug chemist at my state's crime laboratory, so while I can't speak for other countries or every other state in the U.S., I can say that over here, both marijuana itself AND tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are controlled in Schedule I (no accepted medical use, high potential for abuse, etc.). And just in case there's any confusion, this includes hashish and hash oil as well, which are preparations of marijuana.

We've seen THC in e-cigarettes before, and that would absolutely be illegal in our state. If marijuana is illegal in your state, it is very likely (almost guaranteed) that THC is too. I would think that was painfully obvious anyway.

The only exception over here is Dronabinol. I will go ahead and quote the exact way it's written in our law.

"Synthetic Dronabinol [delta-9-(trans) tetrahydrocannabinol] in sesame oil and encapsulated in a soft gelatin capsule in a U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved product."

That's listed in Schedule III over here, but as you can see, it would have to be in that form and it would require a prescription.

Now, with all that said, you didn't even list what state you're in, so how can you expect anyone to know your laws or even look it up?

Edited by Apollo

Okay, I did a quick search of the drug schedules in Florida's statutes, and it looks like marijuana (listed as "cannabis" in the schedule) AND tetrahydrocannabinol are both controlled in Schedule I.

Here's the link to the statute:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0800-0899/0893/Sections/0893.03.html

They are both listed under Schedule I section c. Cannabis is number 7 and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is number 37.

So yes, if you get found in your state with THC in an e-cig, that would absolutely without a doubt be illegal.

Edited by Apollo