Are books better than movies, or vice-versa

Kyukitsune7

Really, I am always lookngs to try out, though I realy like books.

Even with manga and anime, if the anime is bassed off of a manga, I will read the manga before even considering watching the anime, if the manga is available that is.

I was even like that with beyblade, and the manga is way better than the anime.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

• 2 months later...

There is nothing to compare. if I want to get a little bit of something new and exciting like epic battles

i will read a book, on the other hand if i want to waste a little time i will watch a movie.

My opinion changed as i was typing books are better :)

Edited by makros

The Jaws book was shit, it was SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT, but the movie was pretty good.

Jaws is my favorite movie ever, so I was extremely disappointed when I read the book. It was okay, if you tried to keep it separate from the movie, but the movie was sooo much better.

The books are almost always better to me. Some of my most beloved books have been butchered in screen adaptations (Watchers, and UNDER THE DOME majorly).

On the other hand, I enjoyed some movies better than the books (The Chronicles of Narnia movies, especially the second two, The Princess Bride, and the aforementioned Jaws, to name a few).

And then there's Game of Thrones. And while I prefer the books, I like the TV show also. *u*