Wakfu is being dubbed

matt17

• 2 weeks later...

This is a sad thread for such a great thing. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836563008/wakfu-the-animated-series

The show is not only getting it's dub now, but so is season 2, episode 0, 4 extra 40 minute long OAVs, and the minisodes. Given the blu ray converted to dollars is $36, that's a freakin great deal for a blu ray that includes all of that along with miscellaneous swag.

moments like those make me hate living in argentina and being unemployed right now. 

Yeah I saw the campain a couple of days ago and damn I would have loved to back it for some of the rewards.

I just watched the full series a couple of weeks ago and damn I loved it. Can't wait for the 3 OVAs and check out the Dofus series.

I really wanted to see an action adventure series like this from a long time ago. If somebody knows of some similar series please let me know.

I simply "love" Ankama: they consistently hunt down any rips of their shows, take VODs from sale while dropping the writing quality further and further.

Yet when they ask for money to dub their crap into English, the idiot fanboys come lapping in Ankama's feces, donating all the needed money, and even more.

Well, I put my $40 in the other day, had no idea of the series before this, but the trailer video sold me.

It just finished a few mins ago and made its goal and then some. Looks like everything under the sun is getting dubbed as well as a brand new episode. Good times.

Edited by megagold5

"We might not have reached $500,000, but we went further than many people believed we could, and thanks to you, we may have even opened up an alternative route to produce Season 3! We are already discussing what that project could look like in the future!"

They talked a lot about the possibility. The major wall they face with making it from what I gather is that they got really angry at TV restrictions that bogged down season 2. They want to tell a story of Yugo growing but TV there doesn't want a kids show with no kids. I'm hoping whatever service they get picked up on will go on to try and produce more with more freedom. That might be asking a bit though given the budget Netflix and such generally provide.