The Truth About Anime and Cartoons DONT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FACTS

Faerie Ixi

" Cartoon" does not always refer to kiddie American made animations. Nor dies it refer to a soecific art style. Any cartoon made in Japan is classed as " anime". Thus, Hamtaro and Kuroshitsuji's classification as both. Anime ARE cartoons. I can't believe there is even a debate about this anymore, this is a fact and not up for debate.

I like how many people say a cartoon is only made in North America . This is false. By that logic, German cartoons and British cartoons are not cartoons because they were made in Europe. Maybe people that think that need to get out a little more. Although I think this was originally said to try and " prove" anime is not cartoons. Not to attack anybody or debate origin. The bottom line is anime ARE cartoons. Anybody that says different is ignorant,

Just take the unique Japanese style away, make the series episodic, and anime would be just like any other cartoon. In fact, if that was the case, they probably wouldn't even earn its own special title. Seriously, anime doesn't deserve this. It doesn't deserve all these false claims and propaganda because people think cartoons are " childish". The proof here is that by definition of an animated cartoon, its laughable to claim anime is not. Every movie, TV show, or video can be classified as a cartoon, regardless where it came from or how its drawn. Anime ARE cartoons.

Just take the unique Japanese style away, make the series episodic, and anime would be just like any other cartoon. In fact, if that was the case, they probably wouldn't even earn its own special title. Seriously, anime doesn't deserve this. It doesn't deserve all these false claims and propaganda because people think cartoons are " childish". The proof here is that by definition of an animated cartoon, its laughable to claim anime is not. Every movie, TV show, or video can be classified as a cartoon, regardless where it came from or how its drawn. Anime ARE cartoons.

I am going to focus on this last section since you just listed many of my points for me. It is the unique Japanese style and the continuing plotlines that make anime into anime, as well as the fact that many are more mature. Now just to ask here, since you aren't very clear, but in your last line are you trying to say that any kind of visual media is classified as a cartoon, even live action, fully computer generated, or claymation?

I like how many people say a cartoon is only made in North America . This is false. By that logic, German cartoons and British cartoons are not cartoons because they were made in Europe. Maybe people that think that need to get out a little more. Although I think this was originally said to try and " prove" anime is not cartoons. Not to attack anybody or debate origin. The bottom line is anime ARE cartoons. Anybody that says different is ignorant,

Actually, "British cartoons" are only the comic strips, and the animated television series are called just that, animated television series. Check on Wikipedia if you doubt me. Additionally, German cartoons are called cartoons, but they have also produced about 20 series in their history, so I don't think that they are a large enough demographic to deserve their own title. Other ones such as animations from China are a larger demographic, which is why Chinamation is a thing.

And just as a side note, it is unnecessary to make two threads about the same topic.

None of that changes the fact that anime is a subset of cartoons. They are not disjoint. There is no valid argument against that. What's is CALLED is NOT going to change what it IS. " The unique white coloring of a white tiger makes it a white tiger". Science doesn't give a damn what color the tiger is. It is still just that. A TIGER. Its DNA and biology is NOT going to change it into something else JUST because it looks different from other tigers. That's literally how dumb you sound when you said " anime is not cartoons because of the unique style".