Need help...recommendations please

D3athStar

Hey everyone i am new here to the forum so hopefully im posting in the correct spot. Recently me and my wife just got into anime and started with Soul Eater. Now i dont know if we started with the end all be all of anime but we really enjoyed it and are trying to find something similar. We have watched FMA and like it and i recently started Fairy Tail and its alright so far. The story line is a bit chaotic right now. Also bout to start Sword art online sense i finally found a english dubbed version. On my list of to watch i have One piece, claymore, hell girl and .hack. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some stuff in the same vein as Soul Eater and FMA we like the characters and some smart ass humor. Hope someone can help me out.

Must be english dubbed tho.

Thanks  

• Like 1

As a soul eater fan myself i strongly suggest you check out Bleach before anything, it has very good english dub and it's probably the closest you can get to soul eater but better. (the academy in soul eater is also much like the soul society in bleach)

YuYu Hakusho is another good show with some heavy spiritual elements but no shinigami (gets better as you watch) (best english dub!)

You might want to check out naruto as well, the first arc is slow but it gets a lot better. (english dub is also good) it's better than fairytail..

You might like Blue Exorcist too

If you like claymore watch berserk..

Soul eater was good but it went downhill towards the end especially in the last 10 eps or so..

Berserk is a great anime if you can handle some blood and gore.

Neon Genisis Evangelion is another superb anime. (It's quite old though)
^ There are also 3 'rebuild' movies out of this. You'll have to wait a while for #4, but I'd still recommend them if you enjoy apocolyptic sci-fi.

Oh! And speaking of movies, you should check out 'Studio Ghilbi' movies. They're amazing!

There's also Death Note and Baccano, two good anime. I know they're dubbed, but I watched it in jap so I don't know how good the english voice actors are.

I haven't watched much dubbed anime, I prefer my anime subbed, so that's all I can confidently name.

Berserk is a great anime if you can handle some blood and gore.

Neon Genisis Evangelion is another superb anime. (It's quite old though)

^ There are also 3 'rebuild' movies out of this. You'll have to wait a while for #4, but I'd still recommend them if you enjoy apocolyptic sci-fi.

Oh! And speaking of movies, you should check out 'Studio Ghilbi' movies. They're amazing!

There's also Death Note and Baccano, two good anime. I know they're dubbed, but I watched it in jap so I don't know how good the english voice actors are.

I haven't watched much dubbed anime, I prefer my anime subbed, so that's all I can confidently name.

None of those are really like soul eater though.. which is what he's asking for..

(death note english dub is awesome tbh)

Thanks for the recommendation I have watched a lil bit of bleach. It's pretty good. What is blue exorcist about. As we speak I'm watching .hack signs.

I have death note tried watching it once n got lost. Going to give it another shot.

There's just so much out there n I love it just trying to find my path.

They don't have to be just like soul eater but style art and writing if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendation I have watched a lil bit of bleach. It's pretty good. What is blue exorcist about. As we speak I'm watching .hack signs.

I have death note tried watching it once n got lost. Going to give it another shot.

There's just so much out there n I love it just trying to find my path.

They don't have to be just like soul eater but style art and writing if that makes sense.

no problem, glad to help :)

here's a link to blue exorcist wiki page where is has a synopsis of the plot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Exorcist

in that case, like i mentioned earlier you can also try yu yu hakusho, naruto, naruto shippuden,

a few others that you might like are Hunter X Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha

thought i'd just mention, If you end up enjoying death note.. you might also like Code Geass

If your'e unsure about some of these, just read a quick summary of the plot and maybe check a few clips on youtube it might help