Back pain Story

seirachan

So ever since I was a kid I always felt lower back pain. I was never in any accidents or anything that would cause it. Finally when I was 16-17 I decided I would try to fix it by seeing a Chiropractor. My boyfriend at the time recommended me his. However he was never really known for being that smart. I suffer from sever social anxeity so I always just went with what other people would tell me was good. This Chiropractor building never did any scans on their patients which I was a little weirded out by that since I was expecting it. They basically told me they knock the sides of the spine back into place when it separates and they do this all the way down the spine. They said it like it was a normal thing that happened to everybody. I may have that a little wrong because it's been 4-5 years. But after a bunch of appointments paying $40-$60 per I felt no changes. Until one day she messed up on a crack causing my left shoulder blade to hurt with enough pain to force a tear down my eye. However I was way to shy/full of anxiety to mention this and she did not notice the pain I was in. So after that I just stopped going. I brushed off the "Is your back okay" call and was too full of anxiety to explain and ask for a refund/fix. So My mind was in the set, this chiropractor stuff does nothing good for me.

Now 4-5 years later I'm 21 seeing a different chiropractor because the Pain in my left shoulder blade has gotten too much to bear. So unlike those other chiropractors this one did scans on me. He found 2 things.

1: Around the area where my left shoulder hurts my spine is warped in a curve causing one my legs to be shorter in the other

2: My lower back has a minor birth defect I'm just gonna have to deal with

So If I had never gone to the other Chiropractor or just went to one that scans first I would never be in so much pain. My lower back pain Is no where nearly as painful as the real shoulder problem that was caused by the other Chiropractor.

I've been seeing this proper Chiropractor for about 6 months and the pain in my shoulder is still bothering me but at least I know about the lower back pain.

There has been some confusion between me and this current Chiropractor because I used to have appointments once a week but after 1 week of feeling good he lowered it to once every 2 weeks and ever since then I have not had 1 full good week. Not really sure how to convince him to go back to 1 week with my anxiety. It is only $25 per appointment because of my Canadian medical and $180 for the scans I only did once.

But yeah that's about it.

I'm sorry to hear that, back pain really does stink. The whole birth defect thing was what really got me though. That you were born like that and some dude made it worse, that's just straight up terrible I'm so sorry. That's why you can't be a doctor in the states unless your absolutely 100% certain your not gonna screw up because, instead of being shy people will just sue you. I feel bad because I see family practice doctors on the news all the time who got sued and all they were doing was trying to help there paitent but, some people can't be helped. I have a buddy who's father is a surgeon and is about to retire. Like 6 or 7 years ago he was sued by this family in New York because there son (who had been drinking and driving underage) showed up to the hospital dead on arrival along with his two friends in the car who were miraculously still alive. So instead of wasting time and possibly endangering the lives of these other two teenagers who had a chance he automatically pronounced the one kid dead and managed to saved the other two kids.

Either way I suggest you take whatever measures you need to with your doctor. Stuff like that can follow you until the day you die. And I hear it only get's worse as you get older.

I'm sorry to hear that, back pain really does stink. The whole birth defect thing was what really got me though. That you were born like that and some dude made it worse, that's just straight up terrible I'm so sorry. That's why you can't be a doctor in the states unless your absolutely 100% certain your not gonna screw up because, instead of being shy people will just sue you. I feel bad because I see family practice doctors on the news all the time who got sued and all they were doing was trying to help there paitent but, some people can't be helped. I have a buddy who's father is a surgeon and is about to retire. Like 6 or 7 years ago he was sued by this family in New York because there son (who had been drinking and driving underage) showed up to the hospital dead on arrival along with his two friends in the car who were miraculously still alive. So instead of wasting time and possibly endangering the lives of these other two teenagers who had a chance he automatically pronounced the one kid dead and managed to saved the other two kids.

Either way I suggest you take whatever measures you need to with your doctor. Stuff like that can follow you until the day you die. And I hear it only get's worse as you get older.

I'm a little confused what was a surgeon doing on the site? that's for paramedics. Or do you mean he was an innocent bystander just trying to help? Or just was with the paramedics? i dunno. But yeah a lot of people in the US are not properly educated into caring about another person, people just get it drilled into their head, "it's all about me me me" It's the fault of the parents who were taught the same way and the teachers who encourage it. So it's all an endless cycle. I see this endless cycle from the native reserves in my area. People here tend to be racist against natives but it's really only here. They are taught wrong and thrown into a world of drugs and hatred. But when someone has the will to be better they should be respected.

I have a buddy who's father is a surgeon and is about to retire. Like 6 or 7 years ago he was sued by this family in New York because there son (who had been drinking and driving underage) showed up to the hospital dead on arrival

I'm a little confused what was a surgeon doing on the site? that's for paramedics. Or do you mean he was an innocent bystander just trying to help? Or just was with the paramedics? i dunno. But yeah a lot of people in the US are not properly educated into caring about another person, people just get it drilled into their head, "it's all about me me me" It's the fault of the parents who were taught the same way and the teachers who encourage it. So it's all an endless cycle. I see this endless cycle from the native reserves in my area. People here tend to be racist against natives but it's really only here. They are taught wrong and thrown into a world of drugs and hatred. But when someone has the will to be better they should be respected.

Sorry about that I highlighted and underlined the part of the story where they showed up to the hospital he was not with the paramedics he was working in the ER.

But yes, people can be very selfish sometimes. It seems to be a trend these day's amongst our generation. Like it's not enough to have your life saved everything has to be perfect. I'm not sure why but, on a better note I do hope your back feel's better or get's fixed somehow.