Kametsu and Social Media. Enhancing the Community

We've been discussing a lot of things recently, how to make Kametsu more of a community has been a central issue. Well, I have a couple of ideas/questions I'd like you guys to consider.

Youtube. I've been thinking about this for a while actually, and I reckon this is the perfect time to introduce it. I was thinking of posting youtube videos about the forum/anime/games/books/tvshows/etc. If I posted these, you guys could check them out, give me suggestions etc. I was thinking specifically of a Q and A type video where the forum members will send me questions (through kametsu or youtube) and I'd answer them in the actual video. The questions can be literally about anything, which members I'm closest to, which forum stories I like, my favourite anime, my favourite food, which movies I'd recommend, what music I listen to, anything! Hopefully we can all have a bit of fun with it and it can become a staple of the forum.

Twitter. I use twitter a whole lot, and I know just how useful it can be when it comes to friendships and interacting with people. I'd happily run a kametsu account where I'd tweet about Kametsu related issue, be it the Informer, new threads/RPs/stories, seasonal anime, member of the day, birthday shoutouts etc. I honestly think Twitter could be hugely useful in adding to the community atmosphere of Kametsu.

Mini Khronicle This is the idea I'm least confident with but I was thinking of a very small, shortened article type piece that's devoted to the forum. I'd fill it with the latest Kametsu news and events. It'll also be hopefully pretty light hearted and comic.

Well, I just want you guys to feedback to me. Would you be interested in any of the above things? Do you have any of your own suggestions you wanna share? Do you use Twitter? Get posting!

NOTE: I'll personally be monitoring and maintaining this thread. Play nice.

Social network presence is never a bad thing, but I don't really get how this creates community. It seems like the only thing to do that is to have everyone interact more. Maybe social networking will boost membership and raise daily post count, but maybe not.

My concern with things like YouTube and Twitter is that it might take time from community activity. By all means, increase Kametsu's social networking footprint, but do it with things that are already being done. Showcase members' stories or sig of the week entries or AMVs. Try Tumblr or StumbleUpon. It's good for members because it showcases their work and it's good for the site because it shows off our community.

Don't think I made it clear enough, but I actually meant to use stuff like Twitter to advertise member's stories, their RPs, their art etc. I think if Kametsu has a social media presence, it'll help everyone get to know each other through more interaction. I understand your point but I think if we handle it properly, as a way to showcase and stimulate Kametsu, it can only be a good thing.

• Like 1