Geat forum

lkplkplkp3

Just signed up, and I'd be lying if I told you this wasn't the best anime forum I've joined thus far. I'd be lying if I said the DL section wasn't my favorite part (finallly found some stuff I've been wanting for awhile now).

May I suggest a user sales section? For people to B/S/T DVDs, figures, anime related stuff, etc.. Stuff like this can work out, as long as there's a strictly stated feedback sytem.

Looking forward to contributing!

Welcome to the forum! Your name is incomprehensible to me. Is that a lowercase L or an uppercase i?

We could do something like that, but we'd probably have to have a posting limit on it like we do the downloads, and likely one that's fairly high so we have time enough to get to know users to determine if they're trustworthy. There's already avenues people can use like eBay and Amazon, etsy and other market sites, as well as personal sales via blogs and the like that don't put us on the hook if bad things happen--like someone doesn't pay, someone doesn't send the item, someone mails the wrong item and disappears, someone lied, &c &c.

It's a cool idea, though, you could probably explore it a bit more on the Assistance subforum and see what others think as well. :3

Anyway, if you have any other questions or comments, let us know! Enjoy your stay, and I hope to see you around~

Welcome to the forum! Your name is incomprehensible to me. Is that a lowercase L or an uppercase i?

We could do something like that, but we'd probably have to have a posting limit on it like we do the downloads, and likely one that's fairly high so we have time enough to get to know users to determine if they're trustworthy. There's already avenues people can use like eBay and Amazon, etsy and other market sites, as well as personal sales via blogs and the like that don't put us on the hook if bad things happen--like someone doesn't pay, someone doesn't send the item, someone mails the wrong item and disappears, someone lied, &c &c.

It's a cool idea, though, you could probably explore it a bit more on the Assistance subforum and see what others think as well. :3

Anyway, if you have any other questions or comments, let us know! Enjoy your stay, and I hope to see you around~

Exactly. A lot of peaceful anime forums have a section for personal classifieds/trades/personal auctions, but many of them limit that section to trusted users (the stipulations and requirements for how to get trusted vary of of coarse). If and when something goes wrong, it's strictly between the 2 people involved to deal with their paypal disputes and whatever, as it should be. What mods would of course be wise to do though is ban the wrongdoer. Not a lot of anime forums can pull off a section like that, but I could picture a B/S/T section on this forum as soon as I first logged in. I was actually surprised they didn't have one, so I just figured I'd throw it out there.

Oh, and the lkp (L.K.P.) is just my initials, squished together 3x to ensure I had enough letters in my username, lol.

Thanks again.

Edited by lkplkplkp3

Hey what do ya know Koby's reading this topic at the time of this typing, lol.

My fingers are crossed. I have a lot of great stuff, so if it ever did happen, I'd definitely participate. I personally would only do business with other peeps in the states. Just easier that way.

Well, like I said, you can set up a topic in the Assistance subforum and see what other folks think. If nothing else, we don't explicitly forbid this kind of thing, so you could probably see if people are interested in the Balamb Cafe.

And yeah, international shipping can be a real bother, haha. Even something as simple as sending stuff from the US to Canada or vice versa can be a headache.

Well, like I said, you can set up a topic in the Assistance subforum and see what other folks think. If nothing else, we don't explicitly forbid this kind of thing, so you could probably see if people are interested in the Balamb Cafe.

And yeah, international shipping can be a real bother, haha. Even something as simple as sending stuff from the US to Canada or vice versa can be a headache.

I'll post it there in a few days, maybe even taking a poll.

And yeah, plus the fact that shipping to even somewhere as close as Canada is shockingly expensive.

Hey, are you on Tsuki-Boards (also known as myfigurecollection.net)?

Edited by lkplkplkp3

No, my online presence is pretty limited, haha. This is the only forum I regularly visit and participate at, and I'm not actually a big fan of anime.

I see. So do you get something in exchange for your responsibilities here or something?

I'm definitely a bigger fan of anime than anyone in my family, but I can honestly say that I don't watch a lot of it. Despite that, I do collect anime figures and I buy a lot of figures of characters I don't even know, at all. They're extremely profitable.

Edited by lkplkplkp3

I've been here since I was like 14, so that's my primary reason for sticking around, haha. It's mostly an enjoyable experience for me since I like handling the various projects I've got going on here--things like the superlatives and newsletter. But other than personal satisfaction, I'm not compensated for my time and effort. Which isn't to say there have been zero attempts to compensate me, either as a co-admin or donator. It's just that given my particular interests, it's hard to pay me with special anime downloads, haha.

Figurines are pretty cool, but it's a difficult thing for me to justify buying, haha. Pretty much all of our "disposable" income goes towards my Sims games and food.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...