CISPA (And yes we are fucked)

Dan Den

CISPA would allow companies and the government to bypass privacy protections and spy on your email traffic, comb through your text messages, filter your online content and even block access to popular websites.

*balsa email client for linux - end to end aes encryption no one can see your emails.

*if your sending emails in a plain text format you might as well be sending it directly to the goverment.

*as for filtering our online content google is a monster and i am worried :\

CISPA would permit companies to give the government your Facebook data, Twitter history and cellphone contacts. It would also allow the government to search your email using the vaguest of justifications — and without any real legal oversight.

*havent logged on to facebook in over a year now and its not my real data using a throw away emial address.

*i dont use twitter

*never had a cellphone

CISPA contains sweeping language that could be used as a blunt weapon to silence whistleblower websites like WikiLeaks and the news organizations that publish their revelations.

*this is called "double talk" I do it all the time to say a lot but mean nothing.

CISPA would have a chilling effect on our ability to speak freely online by stoking fears that the National Security Agency — the same agency that has conducted “warrantless wiretapping” online for years — could come knocking.

*the government is already capturing our data... this is called deep packet inspection

*lets just move to another country, America is quite dead. also it has a high mean age to consent laws so Grrrrrrr (unhappy)