Question's about writting fanfics.

ryaneden21

well it really does depend on what the fanfic is about. If it is a more action orientated series/book/film/anime/game/etc. (lol) then normally the character development takes a bit of a background to the more action orientated scenes. Unless, said fanfic is actually meant to focus on the development, more on the characters, in which case the character must have quite a bit of a deep backstory.

But seriously, we really need more info to help more. What are you trying to write a fanfic about?

well, i've never heard of the anime...lol

again, it does depend on what you plan to do with the fanfic in general. As i mentioned, if it is an action based anime and you wish to make a more drama orientated, try to stay true to the series. If not, and you find it to be a bit to difficult with an original character, then you can what I did when I did a casshern fanfic. Do another episode of what you think could be a contiuation, or as I did, something inbetween episodes. It is good practice, and after you should have an idea how the canon characters are in the series. From there you get a feel for the fanfic in general, at least you should. Then you can try with an original character.

But thats just what I did...

well that is the way I did mine on casshern. It does normally make for an original fanfic, cause most folks normally concentrate on the existing canon characters...hence the reason I normally don't read fanfiction. With some original characters, you really get to see the writing style of the author; hence my preferance for "original" fanfiction...