Iran's Nuclear Program

L4ugh

What should be done about Iran and their insistence on pursuing nuclear technology? Do they have a right to pursue nuclear technology? If war between Israel and Iran breaks out, should the west get involved as well? What should happen if Iran decides to block the Strait of Hormuz?

I don't really have a problem with a democratic Iran pursuing nuclear technology, but not when it's being led by a man that intends to destroy Israel at all cost. As far as what should be done about it, I think a continuation of what is currently being done should proceed until it is obvious they are pursuing nuclear arms. Then I think the western world would have no choice but to take action.

If a war between Israel and Iran starts I think the western world should stay out of it as long as it stays between Israel and Iran, I doubt that would happen though.

If Iran attempts to block the Strait of Hormuz I think the US (and hopefully other nations) should destroy Iran's total capacity to make war. I don't think they should occupy Iran like we did Iraq, but instead allow the Iranian resistance to pursue freedom themselves. Since Iran's military will already be destroyed the resistance should be able to stand on near equal terms with the remaining Iranian military.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, Iran should not have nuclear weapons. The nation is unstable and dangerous. Ahmadinejad has clearly stated his intentions to destroy Israel. I agree that if the nation ever becomes a true democratic republic that is not controlled by radical Islam, then it may be acceptable.

I also agree that if they block the Strait of Hormuz, we should incapacitate their military.