Warrior Baek Dong Soo

Kasoivc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPScTKv4_Jc

Whelp, been watching this for awhile and it's got me hooked (I generally don't watch kDramas, especially not hour-long episodes of anything, but this is interesting enough to me). I'm currently watching it on Hulu whenever it wants to cooperate with me and I won't lie, it's something I'd watch before I'd go to bed. The characters aren't all that bad; most of the cast seems well developed and you have various flashbacks from time to time that thoroughly explain the cause of "xx" to bring about "xx" result.

The show is at least a 7/8 out of 10 for me so far.

Minimal Spoiler Synopsis (Of first episode and general understanding).

Basically, A young prince of Korea seeks to free his country of China's rule over them; but a clan working against Korea's royal family catches him in the act - so for the prince to live he must sacrifice his right hand man. The man agrees to his execution as a scapegoat but asks of his friend, the man that the king dubbed as their country's Sword Master, to save his wife and child.

The child, Baek Dong Soo, grows up to be a warrior just like his father, but his friend Yeo Woon grows up to fufill his "killer destiny." As children, age 12+ they both begin swordsmanship and martial arts and learn incredibly well (only normal of their personalities and origins). In a nutshell, Dong Soo fulfills his father's dreams and becomes a warrior of the prince's Royal Guard, while Yeo Woon becomes a assassin for a group plotting to overthrow the Prince.

I really like this series so far, I'm on about episode 5 and both Dong Soo & Yeo are grown up a bit since being born; under the tutelage of many mentors and teachers alongside many other future warriors; I can't wait for episode 8 haha. The fights in this series however are a bit cheesy and slow (as expected of a drama) but they can suffice imho. Though I generally don't watch drama's so I don't know how to thoroughly explain it.

Though I won't lie, I wish my hair looked as good as Yeo Woon's character, long straight hair and girly facial features? I'm actually surprised few girls in the series have hit on him or "Love @ First Sight" with him. OOH, OMG. Each episode - the ending screen, will turn into a pretty b/a background to end the episode on a "Epic" note, i.e. faces of Dong Soo & Yeo Woon as rivals.