Itachi vs Byakuya

KaoclazmMJR

Which of these two is your favourite?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two is your favourite?

• Itachi Uchiha
    • Byakuya Kuchiki

I have always noticed a lot of distinct similarities between Itachi and Byakuya (i.e. they're both the older brother, extremely powerful, quiet and distant, both seem to be cold but are not actually etc) and recently I decided that I like Itachi better (even though I like Bleach better than Naruto) simply because of how noble and broken Itachi was.

Which of these two is your favorite and why?

To clarify this is NOT a question as to which of these two is more powerful as there are always problems with comparing the strengths of characters from different manga/animes.

This is just a poll/thread as to which is your FAVORITE :)

• 1 month later...
simply because of how noble and broken Itachi was.

I though of Itachi as noble for a little while after learning the truth. Then I said "no. that man was not noble. Basically, he initiates genocide in order to prevent a civil war, when it can be inferred from what we know about Danzou and his abilities that the negotiations were actually sabotaged so that Danzou could push for extermination then pick up all the now-free eyes from the corpses, then Itachi repeatedly mind rapes his surviving brother in order to turn him into a suicide tool, shows up later and mind rapes his brother again. Later, he prepares to force his brother onto another path of Itachi's choosing. He puts the crow bearing the Kotoamatsukami into Naruto so that should Sasuke stray from Itachi's chosen path, he can brainwash Sasuke into following that chosen path to the death, effectively robbing him of both his free will for choosing a purpose in life, as well as the knowledge that his mind got ****ed again. I gained a bit of respect back for him once he used the Kotoamatsukami on himself to break free from Kabuto, but that action doesn't negate all the s*** e put his brother through. Itachi is the reason Sasuke is messed up, and he did it so that he would have his own suicide tool.

I though of Itachi as noble for a little while after learning the truth. Then I said "no. that man was not noble. Basically, he initiates genocide in order to prevent a civil war, when it can be inferred from what we know about Danzou and his abilities that the negotiations were actually sabotaged so that Danzou could push for extermination then pick up all the now-free eyes from the corpses, then Itachi repeatedly mind rapes his surviving brother in order to turn him into a suicide tool, shows up later and mind rapes his brother again. Later, he prepares to force his brother onto another path of Itachi's choosing. He puts the crow bearing the Kotoamatsukami into Naruto so that should Sasuke stray from Itachi's chosen path, he can brainwash Sasuke into following that chosen path to the death, effectively robbing him of both his free will for choosing a purpose in life, as well as the knowledge that his mind got ****ed again. I gained a bit of respect back for him once he used the Kotoamatsukami on himself to break free from Kabuto, but that action doesn't negate all the s*** e put his brother through. Itachi is the reason Sasuke is messed up, and he did it so that he would have his own suicide tool.

As much as I like Itachi I must admit that was a brilliant and well stated argument :).

I will concede to you that Itachi is not noble in the conventional sense but rather more in the Machiavellian sense.

If only all forum users could state their points this well XD

It would probably be a rather close match-up. But personally I think Byakuya would come out on top. Seeing how they are at pretty equal terms as it is. You have to take for account that Itachi is sick and what not. But who knows XD.

It's hard to compare the relative strengths/abilities of characters from Bleach to characters from Naruto as none of them ever fight one another that is why I specified this forum to be which one of the two is your favorite (due to personality, abilities, etc) not which is stronger.

If it were to come down to it though, I think that the majority of bleach characters would defeat the majority of naruto characters just like the weakest of DBZ characters would defeat the strongest characters from practically every other anime/manga IMO :P

As much as I like Itachi I must admit that was a brilliant and well stated argument :).

I will concede to you that Itachi is not noble in the conventional sense but rather more in the Machiavellian sense.

If only all forum users could state their points this well XD

don't get me wrong, I love both those brothers' characters because their interactions are so brilliant. The problem is that the fangirls tend to love Itachi for being sexy and gloss over all the undesirable stuff. I say that both of them are more interesting as characters because it's not a black and white situation, it's very messy.

don't get me wrong, I love both those brothers' characters because their interactions are so brilliant. The problem is that the fangirls tend to love Itachi for being sexy and gloss over all the undesirable stuff. I say that both of them are more interesting as characters because it's not a black and white situation, it's very messy.

Fair Enough. Let's not forget that Byakuya almost let Rukia be executed simply to uphold the law so he's not perfect either.