New Season of Bones

Malyssa Rahl

Though it has just started, I thought I'd offer my opinions so far, and give everyone else a chance to give theirs.

In the first episode, we see a more emotional side of Doctor Brennan. It's a bit weird to see, but I love the way they play it. They make it as weird for her to experience, as it is for us to see. She and Agent Booth have issues coming to terms with their new relationship, and have the typical early fights, but they're still a solid couple.

Angela and Hodgins are even closer than ever before, with the addition of a new baby bringing a bit of joy to the lab even in the middle of a murder investigation.

Will Tempe be able to maintain objectivity and solve the case? Or will her hormonal state interfere with her work? Only time will tell.

• 3 months later...

still waiting on the maternity leave to finish to get the rest of that season.. they are kinda throwing a wrench into everything they set up before. years of 'no we can't' to suddenly having a kid is a little extreme.

im not sure how to deduce if this is the last season. a reason to suggest it is, is that they finally put them together.. they built the romeo and juliet thing and now they broke it, so there is only so much storyline they can run. to suggest it isn't is that they are going to finish out the series whenever she gets back and i havent seen any of the actors lined up for anything from the months that she is away.

either way, should be fun to have back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, finally we get a new episode. They find a body in an unusual place, Brennan still can't make an intuitive leap based on limited evidence, and Booth gets another bible reference to throw at Brennan when they have their baby in a barn.

I think that the reactions of the prisoners was a little over the top, but it worked with the story.

Last season we got Jack and Angela's baby, this season we get Bones and Booth's baby. Who's next? Daisy and Sweets? Cam and somebody? Perhaps one of the other squinterns will find a special someone to have a baby with by then.