Occupy Wall Street

rebelkid24

I agree with a lot of the demands, but my opinion is not that of the majority. "We are the 99%" refers to the split of money, Half is the top 1% of the population and the other half is the other 99%. I gotta say it is pretty scary when one person has that much money, however is it really fair to allow the government to tax a giant chunk of it away?

I believe there should be some kinda policy though... perhaps make them invest their money so that is isn't just sitting in an empty pool, waiting to be dived into. I don't know if it is fair to force them to pay for free bus passes and tuition for kids that may or may not just drop out.

Slashing the military budget is a fantastic idea in my opinion... but the government has done a good job of instilling fear in the nation, so it seems like a lot of people want it to feel safe.

Too many people with too many different reasons are protesting. In order to accomplish the true goal of the protests (taking away some of the rich's power) then they need to be all united under one reason, shouting one idea. If it's a thousand ideas being shouted at once no one can understand and they can be easily ignored. I agree with the theory, but I feel they need to shape up some. My cousin is involved with the protests, and at first I wanted to get involved as well, but I never join anything until researching it, and after my research, I came to the conclusion that the protestors are not united under one cause, therefore they will not get anything accomplished. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to stand up for multiple causes at a time, but make a priority. Fix one issue, and then you can focus on the next one. I also feel that, while there are many people who have legitimate reasons to be protesting, there are also people out there who want to blame someone for problems in their lives that they created, and they aren't willing to take responsibility themselves.