Protect IP Act Breaks the Internet (aka, bullshitters.)

Dan Den

Sadly, our prime minister , Stephan Harper has already pushed to see a Canadian version of this to be passed BY THE END OF THE MONTH. I cannot believe this. Not to mention it was COMPLETELY swept under the rug by the media, so NO ONE knows about this. I do. I have told all my friends already. What is this websites policy about this bill, because I don't want to see it leave. I live in a remote corner of Canada. I can't pay for anime even if I tried. Screw everything about this

I knew this was coming as soon as I saw Harper finally got his majority. That's why I have spent much of the past 5 months frantically downloading what I can from this site because I expect him to make it far harder to do so given his political ideology and fanaticism. Of course it was swept under the rug by our media, it is all owned by the same interests that favour such a bill, and now that Harper is a majority PM the CBC is watching its step that much more too (and it already had been doing so during the Harper minority years, but now when their very existence is on the line, well) so of course they buried it! By the end of the Harper government's first majority term most citizens of this country will be horrified at what he has changed us into, but by then the damage is done. I spent over a decade being Cassandra about Harper, and now I can do nothing more than watch my worst nightmares coming true. Well that and cursing Jack Layton's name for being more concerned with trying to create his legacy in his party than in actually standing up for the principles his party claims to represent and stopping the worst threat to them in Canadian history, a Harper majority. Now there was a case of winning the battle to lose the war if ever there was one!!!

I am very disappointed in the Canadian government. They "want" to be so separate from america, yet they bend over at the first opportunity. I JUST joined this website. BEST WEBSITE EVER. I don't want to go to jail for 5 years just for enjoying something I can't watch in my own country. Do people not understand that this will kill so many jobs..

I tell you, the moment we fear our government is the day we get rid of it

well if the bill passes the economy will go up. with all the building of extra 5x10 to to house all the cyber crime. the only other thing you can do is call your local new channels & get it on the news. i dont know about you but im tired of hearing. once again there was another shooting or the best deal for my buck. the best deal for my buck would be my congressman doing the thing that the people of the states ask for & letting everyone know about it.

such a waste of time torrents will always be there and a new site can be made in a matter of hours they are fighting a lossing battle. i understand them they think that peolpe arent buying their stuff because people see them or download them online well not all people are like that i for example will watch it online or download then ill judge it if its good ill go out and buy it why because i want them to keep making more.thats it

I seriously can't see this actually going through like they say, they have way too many large corporations that are opposed to it

I'm not sure, after MU giving the rights to copyright holder meaning they can delete the files they see are copyrighted material. I'm really starting to think this is a sign of bad things to come, I mean the bill hasn't even past and MU has already beant down to the coperations, this might not end well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...