Play PS2 games 720p On HDTV

cloud1414

Well when I first bought my HDTV its a 19' tv. First thing I did was connect my PS2 and started playing gams, this is way before I had my xbox 360. And the first thing I knew was that it was blurry on the tv. This was when I was using composite cables not too long ago I finally got a component cable for my PS2 and ill be using it for my PS3 when I get that later down the road. So first thing I noticed was that the picture was so much better but it was jagged and the picture wasnt even centered on the tv, it was more on the right side of the tv than being in the center of the screen.

So I did some digging on Google, and noticed somthing called Xploder HDTV Player for the PS2. This is a disc meant to upscale and play any PS2 game from 480 or higher. Right now I have it on 720p.

Thing is, you can find it on torrents and just burn the iso onto a DVD. but you will need Swap Magic if you are using a burned copy of the game. And thats what I have right now.

So I load swap magic and switch the disc like any other time if I were to play a backup of a PS2 game, and it will load. Then the Xploder settings will show up, now you can make it so if you had it connected to VGA, you can change it to PAL if you wanted to, and you can change the resolution and move around the screen to center it if you need to.

Here is a picture of what my games look like while running on Xploder:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/cloud1414/GEDC0402.jpg

You will notice thats its no longer blurry, not as jagged as before, and it looks awesome. I know it looks wierd being 720p but to me, I can get used to it and I really like it.